2" Olympic Fractional Weight Plate Set

Options
pintobean
pintobean Posts: 40 Member
I just ordered these for myself. These will come in handy for OHP or any other lift for that matter. So far, this is the cheapest price I found with free shipping.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CFF-2-Olympic-Fractional-Weight-Plate-Set-/140772353604

Replies

• 6550mom
    6550mom Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Yep, I finally broke down and got them - ordered from Amazon & this supplier has free shipping, making it about the same price, I think...
    http://www.amazon.com/CFF-Olympic-Fractional-Weight-Plates/dp/B005P7BPCA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1379359567&sr=8-1&keywords=fractional+weights

Benched 72.5 after failing 75 yesterday, so yeah, glad to have them. Seemed expensive, but of all of the $$ one can spend on fitness stuff, it's not that bad, I guess.
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I bought mine from Rogue Fitness. A little pricey but I've had really great luck with Rogue, like what the company stands for, and they ship same day you order which is nice for impatient people like myself. :)
  • pintobean
    Options
    Yes, I like Rogue fitness. I ordered other torture stuff from them :tongue: today (rad roller and rumble roller) and they already shipped it.

Over the years I have spent so much on fitness related stuff. Not counting the wasted money to various gym memberships. I see this as investment. Hoping that some day my kids will use it too.
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    I have the CFF plates and I quite like them except the paint is a little shoddy. Fun fact- CFF is nearby me and our gym has tons of their products. I ordered mine off Amazon then once day I was putting them on the bar and looked at the flag on the wall that said "Christians Fitness Factory" and put 2+2 together. Pretty sure I had an actual light bulb over my head.

Now to google "rad roller." I have a rumble roller but sometimes I'm not weeping copiously enough when I use it.
  • catfive1
    catfive1 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I bought 2" washers from the hardware store.
  • zanyzana
    zanyzana Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    The ones I bought online were $60, plus $11 postage to my sister's house. I couldn't find any others anywhere online here in Australia. And I don't have the focus to find such things in a hardware store!
  • pintobean
    Options

How much do they weigh?
  • DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options

Same.

They're about 0.6-ish lbs each. Two washers on each side gives me about a 2.5 lb increase. I purchased 6, which means I can take it up by 1.25 increments to roughly 3.75 lb if need be.

It's not exact, but close enough of an approximation to continue making progress by something less than 5 lbs. And that's all I need. If I clamp them in, they're stable and don't go anywhere. Absolutely can't beat the usefulness to price ratio. :smile:

We just happen to have a Fastenal store in town, which is where I bought them from.
  • catfive1
    Options

Same.

They're about 0.6-ish lbs each. Two washers on each side gives me about a 2.5 lb increase. I purchased 6, which means I can take it up by 1.25 increments to roughly 3.75 lb if need be.

It's not exact, but close enough of an approximation to continue making progress by something less than 5 lbs. And that's all I need. If I clamp them in, they're stable and don't go anywhere. Absolutely can't beat the usefulness to price ratio. :smile:

We just happen to have a Fastenal store in town, which is where I bought them from.

I purchased 6 as well and they weigh approx. the same as yours. Total cost $12.00 (Canadian)
  • kitkat4141
    kitkat4141 Posts: 379 Member
    Options

Same.

Dani, is there a specific size hole on the washers to fit on the Oly bar? I really need to get some fractionals and like the idea of getting them from my local hardware store.
  • catfive1
    Options
    The hole is 2". It is made to go on a 2" bolt.

Just ask for help.
  • DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    The hole is 2". It is made to go on a 2" bolt.

Just ask for help.

^^ Yep. They are 2-inch diameter washers. Actually just a hair over 2 inches. Fit over the Oly bar somewhat loosely, but if you clamp them in with your plates, they won't go anywhere.

Here are the ones I have:
    http://www.fastenal.com/web/products/details/33038?searchMode=productSearch&zipcode=&filterByStore=&filterByVendingMachine=

Here's the most extensive article with the most ideas/resources on microloading I've come across so far:
    http://homemadestrength.blogspot.com/2011/05/micro-loading.html
  • kitkat4141
    kitkat4141 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Used my 2" washers today and they were perfect. It's nice to finally make progress, especially on the OHP.