September 30 Day Challenge

Options
1235»

Replies

• timwhoa
    timwhoa Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Day 4 of Fat Fasting for me, going strong, feeling good, I am bound and determined to make my Sept goal of 80 pounds lost and under 300!
  • jess_1993
    jess_1993 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys that makes me feel so much better! I did see the scale up 2 pounds but I know that's just water weight :). Lately it's been very hard for me to stay motivated, especially when everyone around me LOVES eating anything they want.
  • timwhoa
    Options
    its funny ,, I am a stay at home Dad, so I do all the cooking, Wife had a bunko girls party last night, SO i backed home made cinamin rolls, and home made desserts and potato soup and more, i look at and smell this stuff, and bake this stuff, and now, I just dont care, it doesnt bother me, with 75 pounds down and how great I feel, I know this stuff will only make me sick, if they want to eat it oh well, thats thier choice, i hope everyone can find themselves in the same position where sugary foods baked goods and all that stuff just looks like poison to you
  • christineellis
    christineellis Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    its funny ,, I am a stay at home Dad, so I do all the cooking, Wife had a bunko girls party last night, SO i backed home made cinamin rolls, and home made desserts and potato soup and more, i look at and smell this stuff, and bake this stuff, and now, I just dont care, it doesnt bother me, with 75 pounds down and how great I feel, I know this stuff will only make me sick, if they want to eat it oh well, thats thier choice, i hope everyone can find themselves in the same position where sugary foods baked goods and all that stuff just looks like poison to you

Great job! 75 pounds is terrific. Also good that you can cook for the family and not be bothered by it. I'm trying to avoid cooking sweets, but still cook them rice, oatmeal, potatoes, etc.
  • Semifredo
    Semifredo Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    -3.3 pounds last week but I had to do a fat fast
  • timwhoa
    Options
    Great job semifrido its a good tool to use when we have too, cookiing for family members is something many of just have to do, being able to seperate what they eat from what we eat is something that has to be mastered to be successful
  • timwhoa
    Options
    I lost 4 more pounds this week,I can all of a sudden feel my "older" self reappearing and it feels marvelous
  • timwhoa
    Options
    having a carb up meal or half day is something I have used as a useful tool all along, make sure its something you plan on after a great week on the scale, so its a reward of sorts, no guilt no pain, and back on the program you go, so its actually part of the program
  • christineellis
    christineellis Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    having a carb up meal or half day is something I have used as a useful tool all along, make sure its something you plan on after a great week on the scale, so its a reward of sorts, no guilt no pain, and back on the program you go, so its actually part of the program

Did you just have one???
  • timwhoa
    Options
    On Sunday I tool a half day off, 2 meals and some snacks, weighed today and the scale is moving down this week, carb up meals while on atkins work well, but you have to make sure your in control and not the carbs, sometimes I make a list of things I would like to have when i get around to a carb up meal, so its like a reward for doing well on the scale and for doing well like over a 2 week stretch of strict low carbing,,,
  • timwhoa
    Options
    today I almost caved into some carb temptations but I DIDNT!!! HAHA take that you lousy carbs,, I went down another notch on the belt this morning, and got some pants out of the storage that are another size smaller,, oh this is fun
  • abbyolurin1
    abbyolurin1 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Nice! What carbs did you refrain from? I'm craving oatmeal like crazy right now.
  • emmyp18
    emmyp18 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    What is a fat fast?
  • timwhoa
    Options
    well the month is over, I hope everyone had a good month, I made some headway, but did not make the lofty goals I had set forth to make, I am happy with the pace of things, I think by not going to fast it will be permanant weight loss, see you all in October!
  • abbyolurin1
    Options
    I'm always down! Extended induction continues..

Saying my starting weight this time because I never remember what it was at the end of the challenge lol.

Starting weight: 165 pounds
    Ending weight: 145 pounds if not at the end of the month, by October 13th which is the Carnival i'm prepping for.

Ok I didn't hit 145 but I have 9 more days until October 13th. Wish me luck! I'm gonna go hard in the cardio department.
    Last recorded weight: 157.8 lbs on 10/04/2013
  • abbyolurin1
    Options
    What is a fat fast?

http://www.wikihow.com/Jump-Start-the-Atkins-Diet

If you’ve tried Induction but aren’t losing any weight even though you’re following the program correctly, then your metabolic resistance may be so high that you need to take more extreme measures. The Fat Fast forces the body to burn fat through lipolysis and will help to jump-start the Induction process.

1. Start by eating 1,000 calories daily. Unlike the regular Atkins diet, you will actually have to count calories during the Fat Fast. Dr. Atkins recommends eating 5 200-calorie meals so that you are better able to manage hunger.

2. Follow the 1,000-calorie regimen for 4 to 5 days. After this initial period, you should have experienced weight loss, curbed appetite and an improved sense of well being.

3. Increase your calorie intake to 1,200 calories. Eat 4 meals consisting of 300 calories each.

4. Continue the 1,200-calorie plan for 1 week.

5. Start Induction after finishing the 1,200-calorie plan. You will eat 20 grams or fewer of carbohydrates each day, but you will no longer have to count calories.