Is anyone doing the C2-10K program?

Options
StephFork
StephFork Posts: 182 Member
It starts out the same way as C25K but goes 14 weeks instead of 8. I'm starting week 2 today! I repeated week 1 2 extra days but I'm ready now! :)

Replies

• likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    That is a great strategy. There's a few people who are doing a 10k program on this board, and there's a Bridge to 10k runners group for c25k graduates (and anybody who is interested).
  • StephFork
    Options
    That is a great strategy. There's a few people who are doing a 10k program on this board, and there's a Bridge to 10k runners group for c25k graduates (and anybody who is interested).

Thanks! I saw the bridge to 10K ap and group but I'm definitely not there yet so until then I'm happy to be a part of this group. :)
  • StephFork
    Options
    I have exactly 10 weeks from today until Thanksgiving when I will be running/walking in a 5 miles run. I know I won't be able to run the whole thing but being able to run a few miles straight would make me feel SO good!
  • M00NPYE
    M00NPYE Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Thinking about starting this next week.
  • StephFork
    Options

Awesome! Come join me!
  • sapf
    sapf Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    It starts out the same way as C25K but goes 14 weeks instead of 8. I'm starting week 2 today! I repeated week 1 2 extra days but I'm ready now! :)

I started this and it really wasn't a good plan for me. The problem was that by week 11 or 12 I was running ~5 miles a day three or four times per week. That was really too quick of an increase in mileage for me and hurt my hip. I had to back off of the running. I am now doing the Hal Higdon plan and it is great for me because it is lower mileage/less of a time commitment.

http://www.halhigdon.com/training/51122/10K-Novice-Training-Program
  • StephFork
    Options

I started this and it really wasn't a good plan for me. The problem was that by week 11 or 12 I was running ~5 miles a day three or four times per week. That was really too quick of an increase in mileage for me and hurt my hip. I had to back off of the running. I am now doing the Hal Higdon plan and it is great for me because it is lower mileage/less of a time commitment.

http://www.halhigdon.com/training/51122/10K-Novice-Training-Program

Oh that makes since.. If that happens I'll definitely check out this program. Thanks!
  • TiredMom12
    TiredMom12 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I'm starting week 12 of this program. I also skipped a few weeks as I had completed the c25k in January 2013 and ran a few 5ks over the spring. Now hoping to start focusing on doing 10ks. Its hard b/c I just can't always find the time for a run. I have 3 small children, work part-time at a firm in the city so my commute/day are very long (out of the house for over 11 hrs.) and have a house to try and keep reasonable in order. I go to the gym most lunch hours, but can't be gone longer than an hour so I can't really do the training on those days. Uggh! I average about 6 hours a day of sleep so getting up at 5:00 am on the days I don't work to get a run in before I have to get the school day started is not happening. It will probably take me months to complete the program, but I'll get there. Signed up for a virtual 10k at the end of October. Hoping to be able to run the majority of it, but I'm sure I'll do a few walk breaks too.
  • StephFork
    Options
    I'm starting week 12 of this program. I also skipped a few weeks as I had completed the c25k in January 2013 and ran a few 5ks over the spring. Now hoping to start focusing on doing 10ks. Its hard b/c I just can't always find the time for a run. I have 3 small children, work part-time at a firm in the city so my commute/day are very long (out of the house for over 11 hrs.) and have a house to try and keep reasonable in order. I go to the gym most lunch hours, but can't be gone longer than an hour so I can't really do the training on those days. Uggh! I average about 6 hours a day of sleep so getting up at 5:00 am on the days I don't work to get a run in before I have to get the school day started is not happening. It will probably take me months to complete the program, but I'll get there. Signed up for a virtual 10k at the end of October. Hoping to be able to run the majority of it, but I'm sure I'll do a few walk breaks too.

WOW! I thought I was busy.. I have one baby boy who just turned one for I'm now able to plan a workout schedule around his schedule which is pretty good. I also work almost full time which takes up a lot of time. I love being a mom but it does take up a lot of our extra workout time! haha..
  • pinkstp
    pinkstp Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I actually just finished the c25k program and so I started c210k 2 days ago, at w9d1 (where the 5k app left off). I don't know if I'm going to finish the app just yet but my goal is to get more comfortable running 30 minutes at a time because I feel like it's just SO difficult but that doing the longer intervals and running more in general will get my stamina really built up for my first 5k race in Oct! :)

Good luck!
  • StephFork
    Options
    I actually just finished the c25k program and so I started c210k 2 days ago, at w9d1 (where the 5k app left off). I don't know if I'm going to finish the app just yet but my goal is to get more comfortable running 30 minutes at a time because I feel like it's just SO difficult but that doing the longer intervals and running more in general will get my stamina really built up for my first 5k race in Oct! :)

Good luck!

Congrats on finishing the C25K program! I can't wait for that day. I made it to week 5 just when I found out I was pregnant in Dec. of 2011. Then I tried it again this year and only made it to week 4.. due to a REALLY bad wood splinter that had to be removed! :( I am determined to make it this time all the way through and to be able to run miles at a time! I can't wait until the day when I start to love/crave running. At least I'm starting to look forward to running on my workout days (like tonight). :)
  • pinkstp
    pinkstp Posts: 220 Member
    Options

Good luck!

Congrats on finishing the C25K program! I can't wait for that day. I made it to week 5 just when I found out I was pregnant in Dec. of 2011. Then I tried it again this year and only made it to week 4.. due to a REALLY bad wood splinter that had to be removed! :( I am determined to make it this time all the way through and to be able to run miles at a time! I can't wait until the day when I start to love/crave running. At least I'm starting to look forward to running on my workout days (like tonight). :)

Thanks :) I totally crave running! I think that started kicking in during week 5. On my off days, I would wonder if I could sneak into the gym! Week 6-9 were horrible for me though, I would suggest slowing down so that you don't feel like you actually hate running WHILE you're running :p I ran a lot better (as I said) with the c210k w9d1 run, which is 10 run, 1 walk x 4, and got 4 miles (w/ wu/cd's) in on that run. Which is insane because I was barely getting to 3 miles running 30 minutes straight w/ warmup/cool downs! It gets exciting when you realize you can alter the intervals just a little bit and see a major impact on your mood while running. That was one of the best runs I've had since like week 3/4 :) And I can't wait to do it over and over ;)
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I am! :smile:

I did the C25K (Zen Labs app) beginning in March 2013. I finished in July 2013. I started the C210K (Zen Labs again) in August 2013. I am now in week 14 (the final week), and I only have one workout left (this Saturday).

I have loved doing C210K and now recommend to even people just starting out that they download the C210K app instead of C25K just because it has the first 9 weeks the same and then allows you to just continue on with the same app. I am comfortably doing 15 miles a week now. I still haven't broken 6 miles in a run yet, but I think I will quite soon.

I am probably going to try the Run Like a Mother Half Marathon "Finish It" plan following C210K, but I will likely take a few weeks between programs to up my mileage so I'm at 20 a week before I start. I don't have a half planned, but I like the structure of having a training plan.
  • StephFork
    Options
    I am! :smile:

I did the C25K (Zen Labs app) beginning in March 2013. I finished in July 2013. I started the C210K (Zen Labs again) in August 2013. I am now in week 14 (the final week), and I only have one workout left (this Saturday).

I have loved doing C210K and now recommend to even people just starting out that they download the C210K app instead of C25K just because it has the first 9 weeks the same and then allows you to just continue on with the same app. I am comfortably doing 15 miles a week now. I still haven't broken 6 miles in a run yet, but I think I will quite soon.

I am probably going to try the Run Like a Mother Half Marathon "Finish It" plan following C210K, but I will likely take a few weeks between programs to up my mileage so I'm at 20 a week before I start. I don't have a half planned, but I like the structure of having a training plan.

I can't wait to be where you are! Congrats on doing so well. :)
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options

I'll be starting soon. I graduated C25K in the spring and have been running alone at my own pace since then, getting stronger and adding a bit of distance. Since I don't deal well with too much heat, I thought I'd better not start C210K until after summer when it got cooler.
    If I remember correctly, I started C25K in the fall, too, so my anniversary gift to myself is to start C210K this fall.
    I still can't run 5K in 30 minutes but I'm getting there (about 40-42 minutes right now, with a rare 39 minute run).
  • M00NPYE
    M00NPYE Posts: 193 Member
    Options

Awesome! Come join me!

ok.. im in! :happy: I finished c25k this summer and did it all on a treadmill. Now that it's cooling off I want to get outside and try it.. so yea, im in! feel free to friend me! :flowerforyou: