Metabolism foods: Found this in a forum great foods

These choices boost metabolism and help you lose weight fast. I'm going to try a few :)

1. Canned tuna on whole-wheat crackers - If you don't want to incorporate dairy into every snack, a can of tuna (packaged in water) is another great source of lean protein plus healthy Omega-3s. For about 200 calories, you can enjoy 3 ounces of light tuna and 6 whole-wheat crackers—complete with 3 grams of fiber and 20 grams of protein.

2. Shrimp stack - You may not think of shellfish as a grab-and-go snack food, but you can put this tasty treat together in a flash if you keep pre-cooked shrimp on hand. With Greek yogurt and avocado, it's a protein powerhouse with 9 grams per serving (and 4 g fiber), for only 129 calories.

3. An apple and skim milk - Almost any fruit is going to make a great snack, but you usually want to pair it with a bit of protein to make it more satisfying, unlike carbohydrates, which get used up relatively quickly, protein will help sustain your energy and hunger levels for a couple of hours. This duo will give you 10 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber for just over 200 calories.

4. Cottage cheese-filled avocado - Here's another fruit and diary combo, this one for when you're craving something rich, creamy, and a bit savory. Remove the pit from one half of an avocado and fill the space with 2 ounces of 1% cottage cheese. For 200 calories, you'll get 9 grams of protein and 7 grams of fiber—and no dirty dishes!

5. Chicken pita sandwich (half) - Whip up this chicken and veggie pita in the morning, and split it in half for two snacks throughout the day. Each half contains 200 calories, 3 grams of fiber, and more than 20 grams of protein.

6. Asparagus and hard-boiled egg - It's no wonder this classic combo goes so well together: Fiber-rich asparagus balances out eggs' natural protein. (Plus, asparagus is known as an aphrodisiac, thanks to its folate and vitamins B6 and E levels. Talk about fun ways to burn fat!). Pair 15 asparagus spears (cooked or raw) with one hard-boiled egg for a 126-calorie snack, complete with 11 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber.

Replies

• graycalico
    graycalico Posts: 30 Member
    As a vegetarian who doesn't eat a lot of dairy I'm outta luck with most of these! # 4 & 6 sound good to me though, I think I'll try them.