Anyone try Amberen(sp?)?

Options
I have been going through early menopause now for about a year. The hotflashes, mood swings, trouble sleeping and difficulty losing weight are driving me crazy. I have been seeing ads for Amberen and thought about trying it. Is it too good to be true?

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Nope, but I keep seeing ads for it. If you try it, please post your results!
  • lovedatlast
    Options
    I've been taking it off and on for alittle over a year.
    It works when I'm taking it. They suggest taking it for 3 months and not taking it for the next 3 months.
    If I try to stop taking it my "symtoms" come back within a week.
    I don't have hot flashes, although my husband says I do have night sweats.
    My problem is my wacky periods, coming and going when ever and lasting 2 - 10 days...and getting EXTREMELY UGLY a week or two before them...
    The Amberen seems to help this allot when I take it regularly...
  • motherbetty
    motherbetty Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    For those who have tried it, does it help with weight loss?
  • cindyshealey
    cindyshealey Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am on my third month of Amberen. First month was awesome as far as helping me sleep at night, reduced night sweats and reduced hot flashes. After the first month, it lost its effectiveness. I'm still taking it, but will stop when my third box is used up. Can't tell if it helps with weight loss or not. I've lost. 27 lbs in the past 3 months, but I've worked very hard to do it.
  • Gail3260
    Gail3260 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I don't have hot flashes, although my husband says I do have night sweats.

Night sweats that don't wake you up and have you reaching for a cold flannel??? Can I have that sort please?? lol
  • karlajotj
    karlajotj Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I was on it a couple of years ago for about 5-6 months and I didn't see any difference at all.
  • Debijojo
    Debijojo Posts: 2
    Options
    I've been taking AMBEREN for about a year and a half now. I was EXTREMELY skeptical - intending to get my free month, and prove them a SCAM! But joke's on me - it seems to be helping my body do it's thing! My mood swings are smooth sailing... my hot flashes are gone (most of the time)... even my libido has kicked back into gear - woo hoo! I lost a few pounds at the beginning, but haven't really worked at it, wanting to see what Amberen would do by itself.

I HATE that my insurance won't cover it, and question the expense every 90 days... but it seems to be helping my body do something... I think it's worth it! I have no idea how long I should stay on it... but I'm afraid to stop!

I'm NOT PAID to keep track of my progress, don't get free products or discounts... but I started a blog about my journey, just so I could look back on it... if you are interested, here's the link: http://myamberenadventure.blogspot.com/

It took a long time to feel anything... it was very subtle... then all of a sudden I realized things were changing... if you have anything that is working for you, let me know - I was desperate, and Amberen is working for me...
  • christineellis
    christineellis Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I've been taking AMBEREN for about a year and a half now. I was EXTREMELY skeptical - intending to get my free month, and prove them a SCAM! But joke's on me - it seems to be helping my body do it's thing! My mood swings are smooth sailing... my hot flashes are gone (most of the time)... even my libido has kicked back into gear - woo hoo! I lost a few pounds at the beginning, but haven't really worked at it, wanting to see what Amberen would do by itself.

It took a long time to feel anything... it was very subtle... then all of a sudden I realized things were changing... if you have anything that is working for you, let me know - I was desperate, and Amberen is working for me...

Anyone else use Amberen? When I first read through this thread, I thought it was about Ambian (sp?) the sleep aid! Now, I see I was wrong about that... :blushing: I have heard these ads on the radio, although not as frequent now.
  • Chickabittie
    Options
    My sister gave me her leftovers, it didn't work for her, but it DID work for me! It took care of the hot flashes, night sweats and constant anger and mood swings. It did NOT work with the weight, for either my sister or myself. It is REALLY expensive, so I did some research and found a thread saying that succinic acid was the main ingredient. I bought some on Amazon, (for a quarter of the price or less) as it is no longer sold in the US. I think Ambren had a lot to do with that. I took the succinic acid tablets just like I took the Ambren. It seemed to work well. I got off of it after a few months, like the Ambren suggests, and am now due to get back on. I had a period after 2 or 3 months of skipping, and now it's time to take something. I'm actually going to the health food store ASAP for the USP Progesterone Cream. I really need something that addresses the hot flashes, mood swings, migraines, AND weight gain. Wish me luck!
  • melaniemccain1
    Options
    I have been on it for about 7 months now. At the end f the first three months I felt like I was getting some relief but I haven't felt like in a while now and in fact my nights are really bad as far as night sweats go. I haven't loss any weight but I haven't gained any either. I just started on Estroven a week ago and don't plan to continue the Amberen I can't justify the expense
  • Debijojo
    Options
    It seems spendy doesn't it... so I quit for awhile and drove everyone CRAZY with my mood swings, and my hot flashes came back full force! When I got a coupon: "$79 for a 90-day supply" I jumped on it - that's only 87 cents per day! I reminded my husband that this is a drop-in-the-bucket, compared to what he spends on cigars and rum! We waste so much money on other junk, this is now part of my budget - I consider it HEALTH FOOD! My body wasn't producing estrogen (a simple pap smear was so painful!). This year it was a "piece of cake" and my doctor thought I was taking the estrogen cream she suggested. She was shocked to find out I was NOT taking it - but instead had been taking AMBEREN - which doesn't pump hormones into our body - it gives our body the nutrients it needs to produce it's OWN hormones!! I'm on an even keel again thank goodness... libido is off the charts, and no hot flashes or night sweats. I never did it to lose weight... I lost about 10 pounds, but they sent me a free sample of some new thing they have to boost weight loss, that I think I will try... I will keep you posted! Email me with questions "Addiedebkins@gmail.com" - GOOD LUCK to all of you - and if you find something else that works PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!