September Goals

Options
2»

Replies

• chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I'm loving what I'm seeing, ladies! Great work and keep it up--even if there's no scale change this week, there are other marks to look at (Do you feel stronger? Did you skip a cookie and enjoy a healthy snack instead? Did you just love chasing the kids down and having a tickle fight?)
    Kgerm317--you are getting faster, and that is a win!

I've practiced eating while running and discovered banana chips work out pretty well for me. The longest I've run in one day so far is 7 miles; a bit nervous about the last 6, but I found out that my half marathon has race pacers so I'm going to try to stick with one and hope for the best. Lost some half inches this month, and didn't stay away from the scale like I said I would, but now I'm used to the flux (.5-2 pounds up and down every morning). I did mark my new low weight on my account here because I've seen it several times and I wanted to see that "50 pounds lost" badge.

Will update after Saturday.
  • featherfun7
    Options
    This month my goal is to get on track with diet and exercise and start forming good habbits. I know if I do this i will loose. I am not going to set any specific goals for myself other than sticking to my 1200 cal/day diet and exercising 5-6 days a week.

I started my journey (Again) on the 9th and so far I am doing pretty well. This time around I joined a group on FB for moms around my area and we are competing for $100 based on % lost.
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet everyone :)

I'm 25, 5'1", currently working but put in my 2 weeks notice to be with my toddler.

SW 167
    CW 151
    GW 132

I lost 8lbs in July & another 8 in August. I hope to lose 5lbs this month. I want to eat healthier, not just staying below calories, and work out 4X week.

I hope we all reach our goals!

CW 9/11 150lbs

I've kind of stalled out this month thus far even though I've been working out more & eating the same. I'm going to add more fruits & veggies into my diet & go from there. This happened to me last year. I always stall out around 150-145lbs. It really weird

9/18- 148lbs.
    Got 2 more pounds to lose! Been walking all week with my toddler since hubby has been out of town
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I'm loving what I'm seeing, ladies! Great work and keep it up--even if there's no scale change this week, there are other marks to look at (Do you feel stronger? Did you skip a cookie and enjoy a healthy snack instead? Did you just love chasing the kids down and having a tickle fight?)
    Kgerm317--you are getting faster, and that is a win!

I've practiced eating while running and discovered banana chips work out pretty well for me. The longest I've run in one day so far is 7 miles; a bit nervous about the last 6, but I found out that my half marathon has race pacers so I'm going to try to stick with one and hope for the best. Lost some half inches this month, and didn't stay away from the scale like I said I would, but now I'm used to the flux (.5-2 pounds up and down every morning). I did mark my new low weight on my account here because I've seen it several times and I wanted to see that "50 pounds lost" badge.

Will update after Saturday.

Congrats on the 50lb loss! Good luck on your half marathon!!
  • Holla_Belle
    Holla_Belle Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies,

I'm looking for some motivated people to be my friend. It's kind of lonely trying to do this on my own.. :)
  • Hollywoodm55
    Hollywoodm55 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    CW-132
    GW-127

9/5 -132
    9/12- 129
    9/19- 129
    9/26-

I stayed the same this week, but it's better then going up!
  • kgerm317
    kgerm317 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I will weigh-in on Wednesdays.

SW (9/4): 185.4
    9/11: 182.6 (-2.8 lbs)
    9/18: 182.6 (no change)
    9/25:

I'm not completely displeased with this. I would have liked to see the 181 I saw on Friday, but I'll get there.

I have done okay with eating. I've been incorporating more protein and fiber into my diet and trying to cut back on the added sugars. I was a lot closer to my goal everyday this week, too. Since the emotional stress has lessened greatly, my appetite seems to be back.

I have been doing really well with the jogging (When I started on the 4th, I was running a 19 minute mile and yesterday I did 2 miles with an average pace of 14:14). I really enjoy the way it makes me feel afterwards. I still haven't done any strength, though. I need to get my butt in gear and start doing something... even just 15 minutes of kettlebell a couple times a week would be better than nothing.

Hopefully everyone has had a successful week :flowerforyou:

I am adding a new goal for the end of the month... totally in line with my current goals, but just something for me to work towards besides the calorie burn...
    I want to walk/run a total of 40 miles in September. So far, I've gone about half of that... so I have 12 days to complete 20 more miles. Shouldn't be crazy hard... But I'm already thinking about October!!

exercise.png
  • suzumichan1
    suzumichan1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Im going to try for 5-10 lbs lost. I weigh in day is Monday.

CW:250.2
    GW:245.2-240.2

Week 1: 09/9/13:256.7
    Week 2: 09/16/13:254.8
    Week 3: 09/23/13:
    Week 4: 09/30/13:

Been so busy past two weeks. Havent had a chance to sit down at the pc. Hopefully Next week I'll be out of the 250's and get to the goal. Adding a goal to drink water every day and more than what I normally do.
  • chandanista
    Options
    I did the half marathon in 2:26:and seconds (I dunno the seconds). Whew!!

Have been retaining water like crazy the last 48 hours as my body heals up. Gained about 5 pounds. Will update later this week.

Keep it up, everyone!
  • kgerm317
    kgerm317 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I will weigh-in on Wednesdays.

SW (9/4): 185.4
    9/11: 182.6 (-2.8 lbs)
    9/18: 182.6 (no change)
    9/25: 183.8 (gain of 1.2 lbs)

Needless to say- I'm disappointed. And discouraged. It's been a rough few days food-wise and it's also nearing TOM so I am hoping that this will come off as long as I get back on track.

Also, probably not going to make the 40 mile goal for September. I'm going to get as close as I can... Just doesn't seem possible.

exercise.png

HERE'S HOPING OCTOBER IS MORE SUCCESSFUL!!!!!!
  • chandanista
    Options
    On the plus side, you weigh less than at the beginning of September, and when you run you retain water to your leg muscles, so it's a win. Glad to see your positive attitude on October!