Body Pump

Options
iwantwow
iwantwow Posts: 152 Member
So does Body Pump classes count in weight training...i have started them from last week...So can i count them in my weight days and do cardio other 2 days or should i do some heavy lifting other then body pump classes

Replies

• iwantwow
    Options
    anyone ...
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Body Bump falls in the category of muscle endurance training
    Endurance training means higher reps with lighter weights
    It should be part of every lifting routine to switch between strength (heavy weights, low reps), hypertrophy (medium weight and 8-12 reps) and endurance (light weight and 12+ reps)
    Keep doing it for a few weeks if you enjoy it, and then try to switch to another phase. It is always good to change things up a bit :)
  • iwantwow
    Options
    thanks u always help...i enjoy the class a lot and i was sore as well...i try to increase my weights every session...so that should help..
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Just what Noor said. I teach BP and have had great results with it. My muscles are very defined and it's the only weight training I do...although I'm trying to switch things up and add in some heavier lifting too. It works the muscles differently than heavy/low reps so definitely work it in if you like it. It changed my body dramatically. :-)
  • iwantwow
    Options
    So if u were a instructor, u know more than any person else...its not like i dont like heavy lifting ..but i want to reach there gradually...for me now increasing weights in BP class is still a challenge so i think i can kind of add it as my weight routine for the week...also i love the energy of class....i hoping to see some changes too...