Hard time with Protein Macro

Options
I have the hardest time meeting my protein goal daily :( No problem getting in the carbs unfortunately. Good ideas/help in higher protein foods??

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Perhaps the goal is higher than needed?

0.82 g / lb of weight, or 1g / lb of LBM.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/978858-protein-needs-and-calculating
  • athenalove46
    athenalove46 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Eat more of the meat? lol For a high protein kick I will usually have some whole fat greek yogurt with some almond butter added in. Lots of protein and very filling. You could always cook up a bunch of chicken, shred it, and when you find you have a lack of protein make some chicken salad to snack on or a salad with a bunch of chicken on it. Or make a huge pot of soup with meat and eat that as a snack. :) Chili is also a good one!
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I find sole (or any fish really) is AWESOME for protein. I can get 50g of protein for less than 250 calories if I have sole. I cook it with a little olive oil until it's browned around the edges and I drizzle it with good balsamic. It's an AWESOME lunch that has tons of protein. I also supplement with Quest bars or shakes some days. Lamb is another fave of mine. I add egg whites to scrambled eggs for extra protein but not too many calories.
  • JennyOne2277
    JennyOne2277 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thanks. My goal is only 120g a day. Unfortunately I don't like fish...only shell fish (crab, shrimp, lobster, etc) Going to look for some higher gram options at the store today.
  • britzzie
    britzzie Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    My diary is open if you'd like to check it out. I get around 150g/day. Greek yogurt is key for me.
  • TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    My diary is open if you'd like to check it out. I get around 150g/day. Greek yogurt is key for me.

Same here. Please feel free to take a look.
  • Deanna_garnermommy
    Options
    Egg whites, tuna, salmon, protein powder, chicken, ostrim sticks (see vitacost.com for those), quest bars, filet mignon, greek yogurt, chia, oatmeal... all have protein.. see my diary, i was 150-200g all week. I am lowering fat and increasing protein right now. Messing with my macros is the name of my game on a weekly basis lol