Jeans!

Options
I had to relay a funny situation that happened to me today. I've been on keto for about 2 months or so and have lost over 18 pounds which is amazing to me AND I'm never hungry...even more amazing for a lifelong always hungry carb addict.

Today after lunch I was thinking how tight my jeans were feeling and it had me down, I thought to myself "see, it's not working I'm bloated and I'm probably gaining!". After a while I went into the restroom, still dismayed by the tightness and I thought..."oh no what is going on are these my 16's and they are tight???"What in the world is happening?" I searched for the tag in my jeans, just hoping to find that they were a size 14 and that might explain the snug feeling and to my complete delight I found they are a juniors 13!!! I had grabbed my "skinny" jeans off the shelf this morning without realizing, jeans i haven't been able to wear in a year.

Now I know size juniors 13 is by no means small but it is for me personally. It gives me all the reassurance that I'm on the right path and that keto is the lifestyle change I've needed to make all my life. Such struggle, I only wish I'd found it 20 years ago.

Hang in there folks...we got this!!!

Replies

• astartig
    astartig Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    LOL, good going! I had a similar experience yesterday. jeans are great motivators.
  • Dylansmom06
    Dylansmom06 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks, just goes to show the obsessive relationship I have to the lifestyle right now. Seriously all in!
  • MermaidTX
    MermaidTX Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I had to relay a funny situation that happened to me today. I've been on keto for about 2 months or so and have lost over 18 pounds which is amazing to me AND I'm never hungry...even more amazing for a lifelong always hungry carb addict.

Today after lunch I was thinking how tight my jeans were feeling and it had me down, I thought to myself "see, it's not working I'm bloated and I'm probably gaining!". After a while I went into the restroom, still dismayed by the tightness and I thought..."oh no what is going on are these my 16's and they are tight???"What in the world is happening?" I searched for the tag in my jeans, just hoping to find that they were a size 14 and that might explain the snug feeling and to my complete delight I found they are a juniors 13!!! I had grabbed my "skinny" jeans off the shelf this morning without realizing, jeans i haven't been able to wear in a year.

Now I know size juniors 13 is by no means small but it is for me personally. It gives me all the reassurance that I'm on the right path and that keto is the lifestyle change I've needed to make all my life. Such struggle, I only wish I'd found it 20 years ago.

Hang in there folks...we got this!!!

Congrats! That's an awesome NSV and great way to start the weekend - in skinny jeans!
  • Twylashea
    Twylashea Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful surprise! Good on you. 2 months! Can't wait to get there. Truly inspiring.
  • CrystlePistol
    CrystlePistol Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    That's great! Good for you! :happy: I know the feeling, earlier I buttoned some size 12 jeans I grabbed at a yard sale to be my first goal jeans (they are still too tight to be comfy but the fact that they buttoned and couldn't a couple months ago was great), I was ecstatic because last Christmas my size 16s were getting too tight.
  • chirpinggalaxy
    Options
    Wonderful!!
  • chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    How fun!!! I can't seem to adjust to my new size. I went shopping and bought my old size, even though I tried them on! I put the pants on today and thought, why in the world did I buy these, they're too big?! LOL