Music that pumps you up

Options
kgerm317
kgerm317 Posts: 191 Member
Music is a MUST for any of my workouts. I have a special playlist for running- songs that make me feel powerful or angry! What are the songs you can't do without while working out?

My top 3 lately:
Run the World (Girls) by Beyonce
Royals by Lorde
Titanium by David Guetta

Replies

• HealthandWellnesswithCass
    Options
    brittney has a new song...Work *****! it's awesome. check it out
  • kgerm317
    Options
    brittney has a new song...Work *****! it's awesome. check it out

OMG yes! I discovered that song yesterday and I'm in love (of course I don't think I dislike ANYTHING Britney!)
  • zanne54
    zanne54 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I determined my running pace, and then build a playlist around that cadence. But I went for the hard stuff: Metallica, Van Halen, Zeppelin, Motley Crue, Nine Inch Nails, Soundgarden, Three Days Grace, and lightened it up with a little Tragically Hip and Duran Duran. But then again, I've never been in to dance music, as I lack the dancing gene.
  • Emar11
    Emar11 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Eye of the Tiger!

Even at the end of my workouts, when this song comes on I kick it up a notch.
  • XxAngry_Pixi
    XxAngry_Pixi Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    My workout playlist consists of Greenday, stone sour, slipknot, foofighters, jet, the butterfly effect etc. pretty much all metal and rock, and it usually goes a faster one followed by a slower one which is working great for my walking rhythm.
  • kgerm317
    Options
    I am adding some metal and rock into my playlist! I do have a few Disturbed songs on there but I love a variety of music!! I usually listen primarily to country when I am just hanging out or driving, but it depends on my mood. And when I workout, I hardly listen to country!
  • MelonGG
    MelonGG Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am listening to a lot of Pink right now, especially while kick boxing. Oddly enough my favorite is "Slut like you" hahaha
  • hotmamatodd
    hotmamatodd Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    This is just what i needed today! I am an outdoor, early morning runner. Love the peace and quiet, birds singing and clearing my head before my busy day. But now that it is getting darker, my run usually begins the same time as the morning traffic. ugh! Now I need music! Great suggestions!

Music is a MUST for any of my workouts. I have a special playlist for running- songs that make me feel powerful or angry! What are the songs you can't do without while working out?

My top 3 lately:
    Run the World (Girls) by Beyonce
    Royals by Lorde
    Titanium by David Guetta
    [/quote]
  • meowlymary
    meowlymary Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Marina and the Diamonds and other girls that make me feel like a bad b!tch. Fun., Nicki Minaj, Childish Gambino, Taking Back Sunday, Cake, Lily Allen... lots of pop-punk and funky stuff that keeps me high energy.

Also for those of you with a smartphone, download the 8tracks app - they are user generated playlists for all sorts of situations, and I love the workout ones. plus no ads or fees! and here is a link to some workout mixes: http://8tracks.com/explore/work_out
  • Runningcircuits
    Options
    I love to run to P!nk, too. She's a badass. I have quite the variety: Eminem, Stones (Paint it, black is great!), Beyoncé, Alex Cross, GnR and, of course, Blurred Lines. :)
  • latenitelucy
    latenitelucy Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Old Rage Against the Machine or Cypress Hill never fails
  • Runningcircuits
    Options
    Rage for sure! Rob zombie also...
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    I usually listen to music when I walk. I have a mixed tape of : Adele, Billy Joel, Patsy Kline,
    Women in Songs etc. All different versions, which gives me interval walking.