TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 17TH

Options
Okay, you guys are amazing. I was ready to quit - seriously - and I just got on here for one last 'look' and there you are, keeping at it, battling up and down, missing me :heart: , and keeping at it.

My story on giving up :ohwell: again - am in the midst of changing jobs and simplifying my life - BECAUSE my health is being impacted by my work. I'm a Director at a not-for-profit group and my work was taking over my life. My new job is part time, less pay, no commuting - all for the sake of getting healthy again. In some ways, this group was the instigator because I realized that my lifestyle (long days and commuting) did not fit and I was unable to (or too tired to) take control. My family has agreed to little 'sacrifices' because of the lowered income. Their support, and yours, has reignited my motivation :explode:

Here we go!!! I'm quite sure as of tomorrow I will be exactly where I was when I began this group - but my life is looking different and I have real hope. :flowerforyou:

I'm a believer in group support! Thank you, thank you, thank you

Replies

• crapshack
    crapshack Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    What a heartwarming story to read on a cold Tuesday morning! I know I'm new here, but I'm so happy to hear that this group has kept you in the game. How lucky we are to be supporting each other here, and have external supports as well. I hope that your career change makes a difference in your life. I hope I can leave my high-stress job in a few years - it really takes a toll, and I'm just starting out!

This week is a not-so-scale-friendly week for me lady-business wise, I'm up 5 lbs. I usually don't weigh myself at all during this week, but I took one for the team. I KNOW I didn't consume an extra 17,500 calories to put on that 5 lbs so I'm okay with it.

I have a NSV though........ my winter coat fits! I can zip it up all the way, without having to open up the bottom zipper to fit my butt in there. I am thrilled about that. I also have a beautiful red J Crew fancy coat my sister in law bought me. It needs maybe another 5 or 10lb loss before it fits like it used to BUT it still went on and buttoned up as well!! I can't wait to wear it to the office this year, and I'm SO glad I didn't break down and buy a fat coat last year because this feels AWESOME!

I hope everyone had a good week!!
  • ECTexan
    ECTexan Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    SW: 257
    LW: 219
    CW: 218

I mentioned last week that I've been very ill. I am still on heavy antibiotics and activity restrictions for the next 2wks. It is driving me a little bit crazy to not be able to work out. Going from every day to nothing at all is frustrating. And I am not great at eating while sick. I feel like, hey, I'm sick, I deserve whatever I want. So, I've been eating a lot of junk the past few days. Pizza, chicken strips, ice cream, soda galore. I'm fortunate to have at least lost a pound! I will work on getting my eating right again over the next weeks so I can hopefully keep the downward momentum going.
  • Diamond05
    Diamond05 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Hello there!

SW: 273
    LW : 220 (IF I remember correctly from last month)
    CW: 215.6

I had a really bad slip that lasted for quite some time, I was doing a few Nice day and then I would have a few bad ones. I've been back on track for a week now and Getting adjusted to be back in school after many years.... It is hard work, plus I think that using my brain more makes me hungrier lol! It's a work in progress.... I pushed my goal further and I'm trying at the very least, to be in One-derland for 2014. I'd love to be at 190-180 by then but If I can at least get out of the 200 it will be à Nice victory!

Happy to see that you arent giving up Blam! That's the only one thing We Should never do! I hope your lifestyle change brings positive outcomes.
  • prayaas
    Options
    Wow ! Welcome back Blam :flowerforyou: Its so great that you are making all the right choices,career wise too ! Kudos to your family for supporting you ! Really very happy for you :smile:
    Well, after a few rough weeks, the last two weeks have been good! Lost 2 pounds last week :bigsmile:
    I hope I can continue with the same determination !
    Everyone who didn't have a great week please don't give up and keep moving in the right direction .
    Get well soon Lstarr09 :flowerforyou:
  • blam
    blam Posts: 110
    Options
    Congrats everyone - it's great to read what's going on with each of you.

I weighed in at 229.6 - which is still lower that when I started, but not by much. Next week is going to be my last at my current job - so I don't plan on starting anything new - but am very excited about the week after.

Looking forward to continuing with each of you!
  • gwangjujulie
    Options
    Blam Yeay you're back :flowerforyou: So happy for you that you're making the right choices for your life and that you have such a supportive family.

I'm a bit late posting because I've been away for Korean thanksgiving but I'm still here!

SW: 204.5

LW 192.6

TW: 192.4

I think my weight is going to pretty much stabilize now, ideally I'd like to drop another 7lbs or so but I know where I am is a good weight for me (I'm 5ft 11 3/4in and big boned). My plan is just to get leaner and more defined, I'm currently in training to complete the first ever Korea Spartan race on October 20th and a half marathon on November 10th (I want to beat the PB I set on the course a couple of years ago - sub 1:58 here I (hopefully) come!) I have noticed that with the switch more high intensity training I'm hungry all of the time, need to keep my eating in check and not do like I did last night and eat an entire pint of Baskin robbins too often!

I'll keep checking in even though I dont expect my weight to change much just because I really like seeing how you're all doing and like being part of this little healthy community :smile: