90 Days

Options
Hello my fellow travelers, :flowerforyou:

Well, today I have 90 days abstinence. Yay! :bigsmile: The road has not been easy, because I was very much an emotional stress eater. Of course I could overeat if I was celebrating too, LOL. :wink: I am currently looking at a big part of my life (my job) and trying to figure out a change of careers. It is necessary. I think, for me, that's what happens when the overeating stops...life appears, and I need to deal with it and feel it. That's why working the 12 steps of AA/OA are so important, I am finding. I just finished writing my 4th step inventory (resentments, fears, sex), and will in a few weeks go over that with my sponsor (her daughter just got married, so she's a leetle preoccupied, lol). She and I touch base every day on the phone and I call in my food to her every night for the next day. Then if there are any changes with my food, I call that in to her too. I also listen to recorded meetings every day, and I go to one OA meeting each week. I read daily in the AA book or OA literature as well. :smile:

So I thought I'd share a reading out of the Big Book of AA with you all this morning. Maybe try reading this daily, it has helped me.

From Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous, third edition, page 449:

"Acceptance is the answer to all my problems today. When I am disturbed, it is because I find some person, place, thing, or situation - some fact of my life - unacceptable to me, and I can find no serenity until I accept that person, place, thing, or situation as being exactly the way it is supposed to be at this moment. Nothing, absolutely nothing happens in God's world by mistake. Until I could accept my alcoholism, I could not stay sober; unless I accept life completely on life's terms, I cannot be happy. I need to concentrate not so much on what needs to be changed in the world as on what needs to be changed in me and in my attitudes." (end quote)

Well, I hope you all have a peace-filled day full of joy, laughter, and connectedness to your HP. :heart:

Patti :glasses:

Replies

• sheltony
    sheltony Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Thank you Patty, for being a true MFP friend to me. I look forward to the day when I can have 90 days abstinence. You encourage and inspire me! Please know all your efforts on my behalf are appreciated, and your willingness to share is helping me reach out and accomplish what I thought was impossible before OA and MFP. May your day be blessed!