September

Options
How are you doing with your reduced alcohol intake goals?

I have been alcohol free for almost a year. A few cheat drinks but 5 drinks over a year is pretty good. NO weight lost, but more emotional stability. That makes it worth while.

Replies

• tallmansix
    Options
    I'm only about 3 weeks into alcohol abstinence.

I was a habitual drinker of moderate volume, about 4-6 cans of beer or a bottle or two of wine on a daily basis, but would be able to go a couple of weeks with none then would be on it continuously for another few weeks before breaking again.

Definitely feeling better for not having any, it became a switch off tool rather than a pleasure.

I know when I next drink, I'll carry on again for a few weeks, so I have to be determined.
  • nerak50
    nerak50 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Sadly, I am not doing well at all.
  • webwhiz
    Options
    I'm down to 2 or 3 nights a week having some (fewer than before), rather than every night. It makes a big difference in the ease and speed of my weight loss. Not really missing the alcohol either!
  • sd_dilligaf
    sd_dilligaf Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Keep it up!
  • wkertesz
    Options
    I cannot begin to tell you how happy I am to learn that I am not alone in dealing with this problem. I started initially to have a glass of wine at bedtime when I read, a little treat for me. And sometimes I would open a bottle of wine when I would start dinner... I would keep drinking until the bottle was gone. But not all the time...

I started dating someone that liked craft beers and last fall we really drank a lot, hence I looked I the mirror one day and found 15 extra pounds. Hence, why I am here!

So, I have been struggling with slowing down and reducing my intake. I have my good days and bad days, but it is nice to know I am not the only one that struggles with this issue.

Thank you!
  • cartow
    cartow Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I agree--that's why I'm back. Glad to know others are dealing with this issue as well.