New Group Feature: Calendar (iPhone/Android/PC)

Options
If you're like me & short on time, it's hard checking out all your favorite websites and you may forget about the 3x30 challenges...

So, I created a Calendar for our 3x30 Group. Plug the below URL into your iPhone, Android, Windows, Tablet or PC & it'll have your daily work outs waiting for you every morning. The title will display 3x30 Challenge & Day #. Click it & the workout details will be in the description. No more logging into MFP, clicking links or waiting for updates. But please still stop in and say hello once and awhile. ;) Post here if you have any questions or need some help.

Google Calendar, iPhones/iPads, Android Tablets/Phones:

https://www.google.com/calendar/ical/827hihvhouufb9vgqhie92j8uo@group.calendar.google.com/public/basic.ics

INSTRUCTIONS: Apple iPhone/iPad (iOS)
1. Tap on the "Settings" icon from the iPhone's home screen.
2. Tap on "Mail, Contacts, Calendars" from the list of device settings.
3. Tap the "Add Account" button and select "Other" in the list of account types.
4. Choose the "Add Subscribed Calendar" option at the bottom of the screen.
5. Copy & Paste the link above into the "Server" field.
6. Tap the "Next" button.
7. Enter a custom description for the ICS calendar and tap "Next" once more to finish adding it to your iPhone/iPad.

INSTRUCTIONS: Android Tablet/Phone:
1. Open Google on your Android Tablet or Phone.
2. Click Calendar from up top.
3. On left hand side, click the the drop down menu by other calendars.
4. Click add by URL.
5. Copy & Paste the link above.
6. Now the calendar will sync across all your devices.
7. Open your Tablet/Phone's Calendar & include the "Workout" calendar in the Sync.

INSTRUCTIONS: Windows Tablet/Phone:
1. Sign in to your Windows Live account at www.live.com.
2. Choose Calendar from the Hotmail menu at the top of the page.
3. Choose Subscribe from the calendar tool bar.
4. Select Subscribe to a public calendar radio button, Paste the URL from above into the calendar URL field, type a calendar name, choose a color, then click the subscribe to calendar button.
5. Windows Live/Hotmail will process the request and you’ll be returned back to your Hotmail Calendar. You should see your new calendar on the left-hand side.
6. Now change to your Windows Phone 7.
7. Go to the Settings application, then tap emails + accounts.
8. On your list of accounts, tap and hold the Windows Live account, then choose Sync from the menu.
9. Return to the home screen and select the Calendar application.
10. Choose settings from the Calendar menu.
11. Choose which Calendars you want to include in your Calendar view and assign the colors.

Replies

• margieparkins
    margieparkins Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Hello Margie here, tried this on my phone, android, will not do it, says error, tried on my iPad, the last one and got it so I sent the link to my phone via email and said it was error?...how can that be? Lol any ideas?
  • dmanson2
    dmanson2 Posts: 134
    Options
    Hello Margie here, tried this on my phone, android, will not do it, says error, tried on my iPad, the last one and got it so I sent the link to my phone via email and said it was error?...how can that be? Lol any ideas?
    Do you have a Google account? If so, do this.

1. Open Google on your iPad or phone.
    2. Click Calendar from up top
    3. On left hand side, click the the drop down menu by other calendars
    4. Click add by URL
    5. Paste the 1st link & click ok.
    6. Now the calendar will sync across all your calendars.

& you should be good to go.
  • duckle777
    duckle777 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I always forget that I signed up for challenges. This will help tremendously!!!!

For some reason my phone wouldn't allow me to add the calendar. So what I did was take the ICS link and add it to my calendar via calendar.google.com. And then sync my phone's google calendar to include the "Workout" calendar.

Again, I appreciate this! :)
  • dmanson2
    Options
    Duckle, no worries at all. If I didn't have a calendar, I would be lost. Thought this would help others out also. Once it's set up. You'll be good to go for this & all future 3x30 challenges. :)
  • TomInAiken
    TomInAiken Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I installed the ICS link without any problems into my Google calendar. Shows up fine merged into my other calendars. I did notice, though, that Day 1 through Day 4 include the text "COMPLETE". Seems a bit odd since we don't start the program until Sept 1?

Thanks for doing this. I'm sure it will make it easier to follow what each day's activities will be.

--Tom

Update: Just noticed that the calendar has been placed in my August calendar, not in September. Aug 5 - Aug 8 have the "Workout - COMPLETE" label, Aug 9 - Aug 18 don't have the "COMPETE" and there is noting at all for Aug 19 - Aug 31.
  • dmanson2
    Options
    Tom, all is fixed now. Those were old entries from the last challenge that hadn't been removed yet. Thanks for letting me know.
  • margieparkins
    margieparkins Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Thank you dmanson, got it, being an older lady , I am not as up to speed with all this technology but I am learning,
  • dmanson2
    Options
    Glad you got it sorted out margieparkins. :)
  • dmanson2
    Options
    Added detailed instructions for both iOS/Android devices.
  • mayonie1
    mayonie1 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Any instruction for Windows phone?
  • dmanson2
    Options
    Any instruction for Windows phone?
    mayonie1, i updated the post with instructions for Windows Phones. I can't test these as I don't have a windows phone. I found the instructions with screen shots from here: http://adrenalinewerks.blogspot.com/2011/07/getting-internet-calendar-feeds-on.html

Let me know if they don't/do work please.
  • artkidforlife
    artkidforlife Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The instructions did not work for my Android phone. :(
  • artkidforlife
    artkidforlife Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    For my android phone, I emailed myself the link, opened the link on my phone, it started downloading immediately and then brought me to a screen to import the calendar. I am all set now. Can't wait to get started. :)
  • dmanson2
    Options
    For my android phone, I emailed myself the link, opened the link on my phone, it started downloading immediately and then brought me to a screen to import the calendar. I am all set now. Can't wait to get started. :)
    I don't think that clicking the link is going to work. :( You might not get the updates. You imported the calendar & didn't subscribe to it. You may have to do that everytime.

Which part of the subscribing process didn't work for you?
  • ErinBigney
    ErinBigney Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Set up worked great for me thanks! Excited to start :)