Started atkins at 140lbs, fast or slow weight loss?

Options
Sid1988
Sid1988 Posts: 170 Member
I'm on day 5 of the Atkins diet and I've not lost any weight as of yet...

I'm a 5'6 25year old female and my goal weight is 120lbs and I've read people can lose 10lbs in their first two weeks but how likely is it that I will hit my goal weight in the next two months?

I am also incorporating the 30 day shred into my routine 3-4 days a week and I walk every day for one hour.

Thanks

Replies

• teaddicted
    Options
    DON'T weight yourself every single day you will go crazy!
    some people don't even lose pounds but they lose fat while gaining muscles.

like you said you're doing the 30 days shred which means your body keep more water because your muscles need it to be repair. so there's water weight in it.

don't worry about what the scale tells you!! that's the most important thing. what you have to look is the inches of your body, how fits your pants, etc. :)

keep holding on :)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    5'6" and 140? It will likely be slow. Like maybe 2LBS during "induction" and then very slow after that. You're already at a healthy weight, so it won't be fast. And it shouldn't be.

You may find 120LBS hard to maintain, especially with something like 30DS.

When I went "slow carb and low crap" I lost 2LBS in the first week, and then about .5-1LB a week to go from 156 to 130. Usually the folks losing 10-14LBS have a lot of weight to lose...

signed: 5'6" and 135 (was 130 for years and years, but couldn't stay any lower).