lmr9's September Fresh Start Updates

Options
lmr9
lmr9 Posts: 628 Member
Hi everyone! :flowerforyou:

I’m Lisa – a 35 year old woman, standing 5 feet 11 inches tall, married w/out kids, currently loving life in Denver, CO, clean eater, runner, and wannabe yogi who wants to lose a few pounds this month. I have no problems getting my exercise in. I’m training for a half marathon, so I’m burning lots of calories...FOOD and WINE are my loves/problems! :laugh:

My goals for September are: (1) eat within my calories every day...without being obsessed with it, (2) no binging, (3) no snacking late at night after dinner, (4) no alcohol (unless it’s a special occasion, and then very limited intake), (5) log all food and drink...without being obsessed by it, (5) very limited eating out, (6) drink 12 cups of water every day. I hope this results in losing at least 5 pounds this month! And, I want to be ahead of the curve this year heading into the holidays!

Thanks to any of you who decide follow and encourage me along the way. Hope to be able to encourage you too!

Weight:
9/1: 180.3
9/30 Goal: 175

Replies

• HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good plan!
  • shegetsbetter
    shegetsbetter Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Good luck this month!
  • TC4IOWASTATE
    TC4IOWASTATE Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi, sounds like you have the plan thought out. Good luck this month.
  • Jcsmith5210
    Jcsmith5210 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hi that sounds like a good plan.:smile:
  • LauraJean7619
    LauraJean7619 Posts: 74 Member
    Options

I’m Lisa – a 35 year old woman, standing 5 feet 11 inches tall, married w/out kids, currently loving life in Denver, CO, clean eater, runner, and wannabe yogi who wants to lose a few pounds this month. I have no problems getting my exercise in. I’m training for a half marathon, so I’m burning lots of calories...FOOD and WINE are my loves/problems! :laugh:

My goals for September are: (1) eat within my calories every day...without being obsessed with it, (2) no binging, (3) no snacking late at night after dinner, (4) no alcohol (unless it’s a special occasion, and then very limited intake), (5) log all food and drink...without being obsessed by it, (5) very limited eating out, (6) drink 12 cups of water every day. I hope this results in losing at least 5 pounds this month! And, I want to be ahead of the curve this year heading into the holidays!

Thanks to any of you who decide follow and encourage me along the way. Hope to be able to encourage you too!

Weight:
    We got this:smile:
  • lmr9
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Yesterday was a really good day - stayed within my calories, drank tons of water - AND the hubby and I went to a concert last night and I didn't drink any alcohol! Major win for me! :happy: :drinker: :drinker:

I had a long run on Saturday, and my ankle has been sore since then, so I'm trying to take it easy. Hope to get in some type of exercise today on my day off. Happy Labor Day, everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • LauraJean7619
    LauraJean7619 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Yesterday was a really good day - stayed within my calories, drank tons of water - AND the hubby and I went to a concert last night and I didn't drink any alcohol! Major win for me! :happy: :drinker: :drinker:

I had a long run on Saturday, and my ankle has been sore since then, so I'm trying to take it easy. Hope to get in some type of exercise today on my day off. Happy Labor Day, everyone! :flowerforyou:
    Great day. you can always go for a nice slow walk.
  • lmr9
    Options
    I rode a stationary bike for a bit today. Ankle felt fine during, but now it's kinda sore. We shall see how this goes. :huh:
  • lmr9
    Options
    Didn't log everything the past two days, but I know I was pretty close to goal calories. Okay off to work - have a great day everyone!

Weight:
    9/5: 178.0 (down 2.3!)
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options

(2) no binging, (3) no snacking late at night after dinner
    these are the 2 hardest for me! Good luck
  • lmr9
    Options

(2) no binging, (3) no snacking late at night after dinner
    these are the 2 hardest for me! Good luck

I can absolutely blow an entire day of good choices from 7-9pm! Good luck to you too!!
  • lmr9
    Options
    My 3-day weekend is off to a great start. Ran 10 miles this morning!! My inlaws are in town for a visit - let's hope I can make smart food choices!
  • lmr9
    Options
    I did have one glass of red wine last night, but hey, that's all the alcohol I've had this month - so I'm still proud of that! :laugh: :drinker:
  • PhoenixStrikes
    PhoenixStrikes Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    10 miles is very impressive, you're my hero,
  • rkcampbell
    rkcampbell Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!
  • MamaDee2
    MamaDee2 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Hey I think one glass of wine in the month and a 10 mile run is very well done!
  • lmr9
    Options
    This has been a terrible week. I started off last Friday so well...then it just went all downhill from there. Ever hang out with people who eat sweets all day, and then get sucked into it yourself? Welp, that was my weekend last weekend with the inlaws. They were on "vacation" so that was their excuse to eat badly. Who am I kidding, I can't blame them...I put the cinnamon rolls and fudge and ice cream in my mouth all by myself. Then, we had a potluck at work...and the leftovers lasted for 3 days. And of course nothing was healthy.

My workouts have been sporatic, at best. I tweaked my ankle, so I haven't been running. I'm training for a half marathon that's at the end of October, so I want to rest and be totally healed up for that. I worked out a couple of times, but not like I should have been.

Aaaaaaaaaaand it all resulted in a gain - surprise, surprise.

I feel like I'm always walking the line between fit and fat. 5-10 pounds can make all the difference. At 170-175, I feel great about my body and my clothes fit well. Then when I'm hoovering close to that 180 mark, I feel like a blob. Weight loss is such a mind F sometimes. I swear it's all in our heads. I mean seriously, who in the world cares if I yo-yo 5-10 pounds - besides me?

Oh vey. Hoping for a better week this week.

Weight:
    9/5: 178.0
    9/13: 181.2 - 0.9 lb GAIN :(
  • lmr9
    Options
    Weight:
    9/13: 181.2
    9/19: 180.1 (0.2 lb LOSS)
  • ampherz
    ampherz Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Weight:
    9/13: 181.2
    9/19: 180.1 (0.2 lb LOSS)

Keep it up. My loss hasn't been much either — but I'm giving it my all this week and you should too!