later i will be reducing calories to lose weight aswell

my question is that with reduced calories do you still have the energy to jog

i am really getting confused.

guide me with calories pls.

Replies

• timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Just make sure the largest percentage of your macros is devoted to carbs. Something like a 50% carbs / 30% protein / 20% fat ratio works well for me, but I am maintaining my weight. Back when I was doing C25K I was also doing P90X and only had 30% carbs the first month of P90X. It worked well to reduce body fat but I was tired a lot. The next month I changed to 40% carbs and felt better. When I got beyond C25K I needed 50% carbs at a minimum to keep my energy up. I've heard 60% recommended too so I think anywhere from 50-60% carbs should be good. You'll probably have to try a certain ratio for a couple of weeks then see of you need to adjust.
  • Rai007
    Rai007 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    i am hypothryoid aswell and they say carbs are bad for them.

i really dont want to leave carbs because my body needs the fuel

so i just wish everything goes well.
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    OK, I don't know anything about hypothyroidism so maybe a consultation with your MD about running is needed.
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    You'll need to consult your doctor about the hypothyroidism.

To try to answer your original question:
    When you reduce calories to lose weight and then jog, you can "eat back" the calories that you spent while jogging. If you do this, you should lose weight and have the energy to jog and stay healthy.
    For example, if your daily calorie limit was 1400 and while jogging & walking W3D3 you burned 200 calories, your aim would be to eat 1600 calories that day (1400 + 200).
  • toni_mmh
    toni_mmh Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    SEE YOUR DOCTOR! If you have hypo, I'm sure you have an internist. The Dr can refer you to a nutritionist. Share with the nutritionist what your goals are, that you are doing C25K, and share MFP and how it works...they don't all know about it yet. The nutritionist can help you put all the p :smile: arts together in a healthy plan that incorporates a slow weight loss (if needed) and regular exercise that works for you.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    For hypothyroid, I don't know. Seeing your doctor is the best bet.

For the rest of us, I love this article: http://www.runnersworld.com/beginners/hungry-for-more