Checking in!

Options
Hi everyone! My apologies for not even logging into this group for the past week-ish. Traveling really put a damper on me. I was doing well and then I get home and it's about to be my TOM so I just did awful. Too much junking! As of yesterday, I'm back to normal again. Went shopping, made a pot of veggie/organic chili to last me for lunches this week and am trying really hard to re-focus. That's the thing about starting over; no matter how many times you have to do it, it's better than just giving up for good. I'm reminding myself that instead of being mad at myself for slipping up, I can be happy that I've made some successes. Even coupled with failures, it's still a success. So that's where I'm at. How is everyone else doing?! I hope you've all been successful with your goals, but if you haven't, don't beat yourself up over it. Looking forward to getting back into the swing of things with week for sure :]

quotes-of-the-day-L-1v_xhX.jpeg

Replies

• WRXymama
    WRXymama Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this!! This weekend I did fairly well. I had a -3.4 loss Saturday...but, then I thought that on Sunday since I painted another room in the house, I'd give myself a "free pass". After calculateing it all this morning (which I didnt' include the room painting in my excercise), it could have been much worse. And I feel SO bloated this morning (gotta love the beer bloats). I can't wait til my run tonight to sweat it all out (and hopfully have a few good movements as well) lol xo
  • PandaFit450
    PandaFit450 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I love this!!

It's so true for me! I must appreciate my successes and not concentrate on what's still to do!!!

:wink:
  • brittanykira
    brittanykira Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I had a pretty decent weekend. Down 3.2 lbs :) Then I had Chinese food for supper, and I seem to have been bloated ever since! I think I need to increase my water intake as I tend to swell from too much sodium and am probably retaining fluid.

And love the quote! It is something we need to constantly remind ourselves. I get so mad when I mess up or don't lose the weight that I want, when I have already come so far! As long as we are trying, success will come :)
  • Tiernan1212
    Tiernan1212 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Love the quote too :)

I lost 3 lbs of my 5lb new scale weight. I know that makes no sense lol. When I bought my new scale it weighed me 5lbs heavier than the old one, so I'm just gonna suck it up and use the new scale weight. So technically on Saturday it looked like I gained 2 lbs, but I didn't, just trying to even it out.

Went on my lunch walk today. It feels really good to still be doing it. Cutting calories is the easy part for me, I've never been able to stick with the exercise though, so I always gain it back. Here's to sticking with it! :drinker:
  • tizztam
    tizztam Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    It is really easy to focus on what we haven't achieved instead of what we have! I managed to lose last weekend despite a work week of travel so I am happy about that! Glad you are back from your trip as well!
  • missmacsays
    missmacsays Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I think the best motivator for me lately is positive feedback from having good days, from remembering to workout, etc. I added you ladies, since you all are pretty avid posters for this group so I hope we can all keep each other motivated and support one another daily! Also, here's another quote I found and really liked! When you tell yourself you don't want to do it because you just don't feel like it, look at it this way.

eb7d3b85cf1cfc83c84a4408ba96f2a5_zps81d0742d.jpg
  • jailbirdjubie
    jailbirdjubie Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm having a hard week too. The weather's changed and I originally had good intentions to just brave the wind and rain and that idea tanked! I've even had a hard time logging everything in because I know I've been going over my calorie limit.

The good news is that I have gone to my exercise class and I haven't completely thrown in the towel on eating right. I just have to get my motivation back! Anyway, I'm glad I have this board to see other people's successes... it helps me stay on track for the most part.

Have a great weekend everyone!