Do I go right back to the start??

Options
So I made it to workout 5 which I am quite enjoying, whilst doing my squats in the squat rack on Friday I was approached by one of the trainers who said he had noticed that my form was incorrect on my squats. He was really nice and showed me how to correct it, but he also said that it might be an idea to ditch all the weight and just do body weight until I correct the problem, then start adding the weight again. So I had a practise on sat and actually his corrections really make a big difference, whilst I was squatting with 40kg I decided to take it all off and am now using a 15kg barbell until I can get the form correct.
I was just thinking that for the moment I can't really progress so maybe I should just go right back to the beginning of the programme and start again from scratch - also my second question is should I supplement the workout with split squats to ensure that I workout my bum adequately?! What do you ladies think???

Replies

• carrietehbear
    carrietehbear Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I don't see the need to go back to the start. I wouldn't stop to just focus on "fixing" squat form. It's okay to scale back weight for awhile and really focus on form while doing squats.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    If you want to go back you may want to think about going back to stage 2 instead of 1. Just a thought.