Are there any foods you actually miss eating?

Options
rrsuthy
rrsuthy Posts: 236 Member
I realize that most people sometimes want bread, if they are around freshly cooked bread. But, I'm wondering if there are any foods you just sometimes wish you could eat?

For me, it's some fruits. I miss bananas. I love them and would like to have one occassionally. Yesterday, I was craving pineapple/mango salsa. I was near the store that makes it fresh and thought of it - so I didn't go to the store.

Like most people, I crave carbs when I'm tired. However, I recognize that and am able to ignore it. I haven't given in to my banana craving, and won't, but there are times when I question myself and wondering if giving up foods is the right way to go.

Not sure what my problem is today - maybe it's the rain, tiredness, just blahs.

Replies

• jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Massive amount of fruits.. cherries, strawberries, nectarines, plums, oranges. I can eat so much in one sitting it's not even funny.

I also really like salty crunchy snacks.. so I really miss potato chips.
  • MermaidTX
    MermaidTX Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I miss bananas, but that's pretty much only if I see one.

But I do miss having toast w/ fried eggs because I love to sop up the yolk. If I eat fried eggs now, it's when I have keto-friendly cornbread or biscuits.

I get through missing stuff like that by thinking about how much better I feel since I stopped eating sweet/starchy carbs. I'm reeeeally not missing the killer gut pain!
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I'll be frank - I miss oreos sometimes. And I will, on occasion, have one or two. But I do not buy them or keep them in the house.
  • Lettee4
    Lettee4 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    i just really miss eating chips! fries, crisps, whatever you call them. i miss those yummy oily, salty, crunchy potatoe-y things. but i havent touched one in 9 months though...willpower!
  • brothena
    Options
    Definitely potatoes. And homemade bread. I used to bake our own weekly and cherished having that first end slice drenched in butter while it was still hot... But it's really just the flavor and consistency that I miss, I have no desire to cheat this go around. I'll take a healthier and happier me over starches and grains any day!
  • epcooper
    epcooper Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Definitely fruit. I love a nice crisp, cold gala apple or a sweet, creamy banana. I also miss pastries. I live right next to a bakery that has beautiful pastries in the display and walking past it every day is tough....not to mention the smell of baking bread that wafts in my bedroom window every morning. I could have gone months before without thinking about the bakery, but now that I'm limiting my carb intake I have to convince myself not to walk in there almost every day after work. Ugh.
  • supermuslimgirl
    supermuslimgirl Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    fruit I dream of it but one day I hope I can enjoy it again in moderation of corse.

49481922.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • supermuslimgirl
    supermuslimgirl Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    by the way, reading this thread is evil, got me thinking all kinds of naughty food thoughts lol.:bigsmile:

49481922.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • moss11
    moss11 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Now our weather is becoming more autumnal I am starting to miss some comfort food! Cheese toasties, Macaroni and cheese, thick home made soup. Probably going to have more vegetables which will increase the carbs a bit but could be worse!
  • SASSYGIRLY30
    SASSYGIRLY30 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I just started Keto Monday but I've been on low carb for a while.. I would have to say pizza!
  • confused_truffle
    confused_truffle Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Baked apples and those damn Clif Z Bars for kids.. so chewy and sweet.
  • BryonyKate
    BryonyKate Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Cake!! And biscuits (cookies if in America)..I have such a sweet tooth haha. anything chocolatey too..oh and apples. apples are my favourite food ever ever. Also Nakd bars..not sure if you get them in the States. They're these yummy fruity bars and I'd have 1 every day
  • astartig
    astartig Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I realize that most people sometimes want bread, if they are around freshly cooked bread. But, I'm wondering if there are any foods you just sometimes wish you could eat?

For me, it's some fruits. I miss bananas. I love them and would like to have one occassionally. Yesterday, I was craving pineapple/mango salsa. I was near the store that makes it fresh and thought of it - so I didn't go to the store.

Like most people, I crave carbs when I'm tired. However, I recognize that and am able to ignore it. I haven't given in to my banana craving, and won't, but there are times when I question myself and wondering if giving up foods is the right way to go.

Not sure what my problem is today - maybe it's the rain, tiredness, just blahs.

I wonder if you are getting enough potassium in your diet. Banana's are high in potassium and on keto I think we need to supplement.. I use mortons lite salt
  • astartig
    astartig Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    for me baked goods but strangely I am not missing them as much as i'd think. when I started I thought I'd allow carb refeed days weekly or bi weekly or monthly or whatever it turned otu the need was.. but I haven't wanted one yet (been two months) chocolate croissants in particular were always a favorite and weakness.. but I am having no problems turning them away.. it's really kind of weird.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I miss candy....but I make fat bombs, which kind of make up for it. Still, I would love some candy. lol
  • xMermaidx
    xMermaidx Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Sweets, cookies, chocolate, cake, I love cake. Rice, potatoes, carrots, yogurt.
  • xMermaidx
    xMermaidx Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Wait a minute, how did I forget pizza and pie. lol
  • chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I'm in Israel and the national snack is Bamba. You probably don't know what that is. Lol! It's like a peanut butter cheetoh. So yummy, so addictive, so.many.carbs.
  • samuelsson
    samuelsson Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    But I do miss having toast w/ fried eggs because I love to sop up the yolk. If I eat fried eggs now, it's when I have keto-friendly cornbread or biscuits.

I get through missing stuff like that by thinking about how much better I feel since I stopped eating sweet/starchy carbs. I'm reeeeally not missing the killer gut pain!

YES. The only time I miss bread (really, unbelievably) is a) with fried eggs, to sop up the yolk, and b) with Dungeness crab. It deserves SF sourdough and red wine.

And then I remember how much my stomach hurts, and how yucky I feel when I eat carbs. Other than bread, I miss the hell out of fruit and beer. Oh, beer. =(
  • chirpinggalaxy
    Options
    Really yummy ice cream with chunks of yumminess and caramel. Also, cheesecake. Real cheesecake.