Supplements, Are You Using Them?

Options
takerbrat
takerbrat Posts: 81 Member
Hi all, just curious . . . who takes what and why (keen to learn more about the benefits of supplementation). Following are the vitamins and supplements that I have chosen to include as a part of my program (or in the case of iron, my doctor has recommended that I take regularly):

Acidophilus – I saw an iridologist about a year ago and one of the supplements that she recommended was acidophilus. Lactobacillus acidophilus is an important strain of bacteria that works with your gut to digest food and absorb nutrients.

Evening Primrose – is an essential fatty acid that assists with some female specific issues but doesn't have the fishy after taste that go with other sources of essential fatty acids.

Iron – is taken on the advice of my doctor to correct iron deficiency anemia.

Greens + Multi+ – I have always had trouble taking multivitamins. Over the years, by the process of elimination, I have come to believe that I react to either the filler or the coating of the pill form of multivitamins. With Genuine Health's Greens+ Multi+ I get a full serving of greens , rich in phytonutrients and antioxidants, PLUS the convenience of a high potency, food-based multi-vitamin/mineral supplement.

Replies

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Hi

I do take supplements also. By recommendation of my doctor Vitamin D3- 2 pills a day

Vitamin C - 500 ml. once a day

Calcium/Magnesium - 1:2 , more magnesium due to leg cramping

Omega 3 for Inflammation in the body

I also make a shake every morning Vega One with fruit which has many greens and vitamins for
    50% of your daily intake. Recommended by my Nutritionist.

Shirley
    Ontario, Canada
  • whitecapwendy
    whitecapwendy Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I take calcium/vitD and occasionally Omega 3 to make sure I get my calcium and essential fats
  • boflexn
    boflexn Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Currently Im taking, a good multi-vit ... Vit D,..keto7,..CLA..VitC..chromium pic...Coenzyme10...omega3 oils,..when ever I start training and cut my diet down these are my staples,Ill add and take away along the way
  • hulamedulla
    hulamedulla Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've been taking supplements since Jan 1st. I combine a half the daily serving of vegegreens and phytoberry -- a full serving of each taken together is more than a body can process. I also take teaspoon of Carlson cod liver oil, lemon flavour.

I suffer from chronic depression. Since I started taking these supplements, I feel physically and mentally healthier. Also taking CLO has stopped the pain from early onset of arthritis in my fingers.
  • takerbrat
    takerbrat Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Currently Im taking, a good multi-vit ... Vit D,..keto7,..CLA..VitC..chromium pic...Coenzyme10...omega3 oils,..when ever I start training and cut my diet down these are my staples,Ill add and take away along the way
    What is keto7 and what does it do? Same with CLA and chromium pic?
  • SingingPilgrim
    SingingPilgrim Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm taking a multi-vitamin, and if I forget to take it for a few days I feel it. Like I start feeling like crap. So that leads me to believe I have some deficiencies. I'm not totally sure what they are, but I'm positive B-12 is one of them because of some of my health conditions, doing research I've found "a lot of people with X have B-12 deficiencies"... the same thing from two different things I have. So I'm guessing I must have that. I also may have magnesium deficiency since that's common with one of my conditions, and/or Vitamin D.

But I'm not sure, so for now I'm just doing a mult-vitamin. I've thought about getting additional B-12, but I haven't yet, and my vitamin has a good bit in there, so I might not need to do so.