A year long challenge to complete all of Jillian's DVDs

Options
I'm starting on a mission to complete all 15 of Jillian michaels DVDs. From 30DS to the kickboxing fast fix. Is anyone else planning to compete all of her DVDs?

Replies

• VelcroButt
    VelcroButt Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I think that's a neat goal. I've done 30 Day Shred and I'm on week 3 of Ripped in 30 and plan to do Killer Buns & Thighs next, but I'm not sure I'll end up doing all of the DVD's she's come out with. What order are you planning to do it in?
  • sugarysweet110
    Options
    This is a very good idea! :) We should come up with an order for them all.
  • caitijayne
    Options
    Sure I will do this! I will aim to complete them all in a year. I have five DVDs right now, I just finished 30ds(30 completed sets) in july, now I am alternating between BFBM and NMTZ. Ive done 9 sets of NMTZ and 5 sets of BFBM so far. I just received 6W6P and RI30 in the mail.....
  • lawlorka
    lawlorka Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I plan on doing this - I have ordered 2 box sets so will have 7 workouts to start off with and plan to get through them all and that should take me through to April/May 2014, then I plan on getting the kickboxing and Yoga DVDs.

I'm starting with 30DS and mixing in Burn Fat, Boost Metabolism and No More Trouble Zones and then after 30ds I'm going to do 6Week 6 Pack, so I should have these 4 done by Christmas.

I'll move onto the second box set in the New Year with Ripped in 30 mixed in with Killer Buns & Thighes and Extreme Shed & Shred.

I find having a plan helps keep me focused and motivated!! Hopefully by my brothers Wedding in Spain next summer I'll look half decent in a bkini!!!
  • rceleste40
    rceleste40 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I love this idea. Just finished the 30 Day Shred Saturday and am starting the Body Revolution tomorrow. Have also been doing the Yoga Meltdown for a few days last week. Excited now to think about which DVD of her's to do after the Body Revolution.
  • Gadzooksrf
    Gadzooksrf Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    This is awesome! I have quite a few of her DVDs, but I don't think all of them. I've also just done 1 day ever of her 6 week 6 pack and yoga meltdown, lol. The best I've ever done is with her 30 Day Shred, and I mean of actually doing it consistently. I feel like such a wimp!

I need to find the discipline within to keep on going once I've started one. :-) And I think a challenge like this, keeping accountable to you guys would really help....hopefully!
  • Gadzooksrf
    Gadzooksrf Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I completed my first day of the 30 Day Shred Level 1. :-)
  • Oh_Allie
    Oh_Allie Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one thinking along these lines! I'm finishing out 2013 doing 30DS, 6W6P and Killer Abs but I intend to do all of her DVD's in 2014.

This is the order I'm going to do them in:

January: 30DS
    February: RI30 + 6W6P*
    March: Killer Abs + 6W6P*
    April: BFBM
    May: NMTZ
    June: Shred it with Weights + Body Revolution**
    July: Extreme Shed and Shred + Body Revolution**
    August: Kickbox Fast Fix + Body Revolution**
    September: For Beginners + No More Trouble Zones
    October: Killer Buns & Thighs + Hardbody
    November: Yoga Meltdown + The Biggest Loser: LCW
    December: Yoga Inferno

*I'm going to do 6W6P as an 8-week program, alternating level 1 & level 2 each week to prevent me from getting bored.

**I'm unsure about Body Revolution. I want to do it to say that I did it, but I'm not really interested in following her meal plan or doing the cleanse that comes with it and it seems silly to pay so much for something and not follow it as closely as possible.
  • Maqui04
    Maqui04 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Im doing 30 DS and i will finish this monday 21/10 also im doing NMTZ since October 6 with the 30 DS and tuesday i want to start Ripped in 30 with my NMTZ at the same time too i would love to do all of her DVD's them i want to do Body Revolution and the Kickboxing one, Killer Buns and Thighs, BFM or something like that
  • brit0813
    Options
    I think that's an amazing idea! I will be finishing 30 day shred tomorrow. At a 15 lb loss and lost a pants size! :) Extreme Shed and Shred should get here this week, so that will be my next. Wondering if anyone has a favorite workout from JM? I love seeing opinions and everyone's results!
  • Oh_Allie
    Oh_Allie Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm torn between 6-Week Six-Pack and 30DS for my favorites, but I haven't done many more of her DVDs as of yet. I'll be buying Extreme Shed & Shred, Shred It With Weights, Ripped in 30 and Kickbox Fastfix in the next couple weeks, so hopefully I'll love them all! :)
  • lorarte
    lorarte Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm finishing off 30DS, alternating between 30DS, BFBM and KB&T workouts. I'm doing six days a week between the various ones. I'm also starting the couch to 5 k programme and swim a couple of times a week (I do a messy and slow half mile lol)
  • JennergyKC
    JennergyKC Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Hey! I actually started doing this in January but wasn't really active on MFP then. I'm not using all the videos, but I am using most of them (30 Day Shred, Ripped in 30, 6 Week 6 Pack, Shred It With Weights, Extreme Shed and Shred, Kickbox FastFix, Yoga Inferno, and Yoga Meltdown). My schedule/plan is below. My job can be unpredictable so I generally give myself a few extra weeks for each video so that I know I'll have time to master it if I miss a few workouts. I looked at the Body Revolution system, but honestly I like the variety and control of making my own little regimen.

I added in "intermission" weeks between videos where I do JM yoga and kickboxing videos as well as Zumba as a way to rest a bit and have a little fun. They're like my reward weeks for completing a video. The schedule is kind of complicated and gets a little weird in July when I start on a "3 plus 1" monthly work schedule of three weeks of long hours and one week of normal hours. I also try to spin or walk/run three times a week for extra cardio when I have time.

Would love to have an accountability/fitness buddy if anyone else is interested. If you'd like to join me you can adjust this to whatever works for you and we can still support each other!

Phase I: 30-Day Shred, 6 weeks 1/20-3/2 - done
    Intermission: Yoga Melt Down & Zumba, 1 week 3/3-3/9 - done
    Phase II: Ripped in 30, 6 weeks, 3/10-4/20 - currently on workout 2
    Intermission: Yoga Inferno, Kickboxing, & Zumba, 1 week 4/21-4/27
    Phase III: 6-Week Six Pack, 6 weeks, 4/28-6/8
    Intermission: Zumba, Kickboxing, Yoga Melt Down, 1 week, 6/9-6/15

Transition (this is a period where my work schedule gets weird as I transition to a new schedule so I'm just going to prolong the intermission): Kickboxing, yoga, & Zumba, 2 weeks, 6/16-6/29

*For each phase from this point forward, I will have one week per month where my schedule is lighter and I plan to do the One Week Shred two-a-days during that week (one workout in the AM before clinic and one workout in the PM when I get home from work). Will still be trying to fit in some extra cardio (spinning or walking) three times per week every week.

Phase IV: Shred It With Weights, 7 weeks 6/30-8/17
    Intermission: Yoga, Kickboxing, & Zumba, 4 weeks 8/18-9/14
    Phase V: Extreme Shed & Shred, 7 weeks 9/15-11/2
    Intermission: Zumba, Yoga, Kickboxing, 4 weeks 11/3-11/30

At this point I start over, back to the 30-Day-Shred and hopefully I'll be ready for the more challenging versions of the moves by then. This is probably overly complicated but I'm a crazy type-A personality and this kind of structure/schedule works well for me.