TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 24TH

Options
Hello!
Looking forward to reading all of your weekly insights :smile:

I'm in the midst of finishing my old job (last day tomorrow) and starting the new one (Thursday).

My weight is back where I started in July - 231. UGH. But I'm optimistic with the new job that I'm not only going to lose weight, but get in shape (which is actually my top priority). gwangjulie - I'm envious of your plans!

I've signed up for a month long (free) exercise program through Betty Rocker - she sends out a video at the start of each week and you commit to doing it a minimum of three times each week. Here's the link if you're interested: http://thebettyrocker.com/

It's the free 30 Roctober Fitness challenge (or something like that).

Here's my question - my mother-in-law is coming for the first week of the month - we have a very difficult relationship and don't really like each other. I hate the thought of working out in the home, doing this fitness challenge, when she's there (I don't want to hear her comments, or I guess in some ways 'admit' to her that I know i have a weight problem). Any advice?

Replies

• blam
    blam Posts: 110
    Options
    The more I think of this - the more I realize how I come up with 'excuses'. When I heard her visit was October 1-8 - I thought that there is always something interfering with my plans to get on track.

I need to admit to myself that there always WILL be something - and that it's called life - and I need to make the right choices for my health despite these 'interruptions'.

Your input/advice is welcome!
  • reallymyBEST
    reallymyBEST Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hello, all! I'm back! I can come back, right?!

I stepped out of this group a couple months ago, focusing on my 10-mile race training rather than weight loss. (I found that I couldn't really do both.) In the last few weeks, I have been suffering from heel pain that has effected my running. Last week decided I have to drop that race. I was sad and upset, but have put it in perspective.

For now, I am taking a break from running. I started Chalene Extreme yesterday and am committed to getting through the whole program! I also have my dog walks to keep me moving. I really think that dropping pounds is necessary in order to help get rid of the heel pain. And I'm finally getting serious again about managing my food choices.

So, here I am. :) I'm excited to see where you all are at and hope that there are still members hanging together.

Today's weight: 197.4# << No wonder my poor foot hurts! It'll only get better - I'm sure of it.
  • reallymyBEST
    reallymyBEST Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Blam -
    Sounds like you answered your own question. You know yourself, your own "game". It takes a long time, constant effort, and often repeated failures to work out of the thought patterns that have led you to where you are. Believe me, I am familiar!

Sometimes I feel like it will be a lifelong battle. So, arm yourself! When you see it happening again, tell yourself you're making excuses, acknowledge that, give yourself a break for trying to change long-term patterns, and make a decided effort to move forward anyway even if it's uncomfortable and unnatural! You can decide how you react. You might not be able to change the fact that this is your innate reaction. BUT, you can change your response to it. Cheers!
  • ECTexan
    ECTexan Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    No loss to report here. But at least no gains, either! My eating is back on track and I finish up my meds this week. I'm hoping I'll feel well enough to get back into the gym next week or at least catch a little pool time before it closes for the winter.

SW: 257
    LW: 218
    CW: 218
  • damiend1985
    damiend1985 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Throwing myself back in the ring:

CW: 168

See you all next week
  • crapshack
    crapshack Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Blam - do you have a friend or close family member that you can go to their home and do your workout? Either that, or maybe skip the one you signed up for and just go for a walk/jog outside instead. The weather here is perfect for it right now, and I'll bet you'll be eager to get out of the house! I don't like exercising with other people around either. There are some workouts I won't even do because I don't like the idea of thumping around and shaking the shelves in my old 1920's bungalow. The best would be to just do it and forget about your MIL, but it's not always that easy. Just don't let her take this motivation away from you!! Put it to work while it's there!

I've got a little loss, 0.8

SW - 217
    LW - 191.3
    CW - 190.5

I've been more committed lately, so hopefuly it'll be nothing but progress for the next few weeks! I hope everyone has a good week!
  • gwangjujulie
    Options
    SW: 204.5

LW 192.4

TW: 191.8

Blam if you're not comfortable working out with your MIL in the house then I'd say dont try to do the work out when she's there, you wont get out of it what you want to. Why not utilize her, most kids love spending time with grandma, either take yourself out on your own for walks/bike rides or send her and the kids out to play/for icecream/(insert activity here!) giving you time to work out in peace.
  • prayaas
    Options
    No loss, no gain this week :ohwell:
    Blam I feel that you could try waking up early & finish your workout before your MIL wakes up. You could make it your little secret mission & actually get a thrill about it !! Keep in mind that you will continue your weight loss journey despite her presence.Also try to visualise how she would have to compliment you on your "visible" weight loss.I know you would love to hear that even if she congratulates you on your success grudgingly :laugh:
    All the best :flowerforyou:
  • blam
    blam Posts: 110
    Options
    thanks for the great ideas everyone!
  • Diamond05
    Diamond05 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Hi! I forgot to post! :ohwell: I'm back at school and my beginning of the weeks are busy and I had plenty of exam and work..

SW: 273
    LW: 215.6
    CW: 214
    I'm happy with that, of course more is always welcome but as long as it goes down....

Blam i can relate to you , I have been having an hard time to fit ecercise on my busy start of the week. I did like you and let the exercise go out the window for those days but life does happen and I need to work around it!

I think gwanjulie suggested a good idea about sending her out with the kids!! Do not let her interfere with your weight loss! WhAt is more important to you, not giving her reason or accomplish your goal of losing weight and getting healthier?

You could also plan physical activities with your kids and play with them. You would get to move and it wouldn't show that you're exercising to lose weight!

You've got this Blam! Work it out and reach your goal!