I made a custom Zelda guitar

Options
A few weeks ago I found this pink little guitar at a garage sale marked for $30. I offered $20 and she came home with me! It was a bit rough, dirty, and a horrid shade of pink.

guitar_zps6a044192.jpg

My roomie and I (who is very artistic) began hatching a plan to take this poor, neglected guitar and make it an awesome representation of everything me. Soon, we decided on a LOZ theme, since that is my favorite game franchise. It all began over two weeks ago, like this...

yeup_zpsd2b6af8f.jpg

This is the halfway point, it things kinda stopped there for about a week...

zeldaa_zps1062b7b2.jpg

Today was a cold, rainy day here in NC, so I decided to finish up the ol' girl. When I did, it literally took my breath away. I still can't believe how amazing it turned out, and that this baby is ALL mine!! And it only cost me $20!!!!!

omgggg_zps1902e33d.jpg

The before and after (front and back on the redo)

elskfnaef_zps6175a670.jpg

Replies

• fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Nice!
  • Gabrielm80
    Gabrielm80 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    How did you do the gold parts are those decals or did you stencil those on
  • daterminedfatburnerX
    daterminedfatburnerX Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    sweeeet!!! i love zelda!! awesome job dude
  • LissaK1981
    LissaK1981 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    The pink reminds me of the stock Fretlight pink. When they first came out they only came in that pepto pink or black. I love the green you chose, reminds me a lot of an american made Kramer I had before they started makin them in Japan. Great job on the stencils...I must ask though...Why not get rid of the stock PU's? Get an new pick guard and get ya some doubles :D
  • Aquamum9
    Options
    That guitar has to be one of the coolest things I have ever seen. Nice work!!!!!!