Welcome

Options
Hi Everyone...let's give this a try.
I am a plus size belly dancer. I enjoy dancing, and love the glitzy costumes. I started taking classes a little over a year ago, and am getting ready to start fall session this week. I started dance class at almost 51 years of age-it was just something I always wanted to do.
Let's find out about YOU :)

Replies

• eye4art
    eye4art Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm eye4art and am a plus size dancer who has been dancing for only a year now. I have lots of issues due to my size when it comes to technique of the moves but I do what I can and I'm having fun and that is what counts. Glad to meet all of you.
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    hello all! I have benn belly dancing for 5-6 years total with a couple off years recently and only got back into it 6 months ago. i am working on relearning a lot of the choreographies that I once knew. I would love to find more costumes that fit that don't cost an arm and a leg because they are plus size (because they are expensive for everyone, sure that's fine if I have lots of money to spare). I would also love to get things out of the piles of old costumes, that other dancers bring in other than accessories and something that I intend to reuse the fabric or other bits. One good thing about being larger, it doesn't require much effort to get my shimmy going. :)
  • rebellegrrl
    rebellegrrl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I attended a belly dance workshop about 8 years ago and fell in love with belly dance! The teacher taught lessons in a city about an hour away, but I drove there once a week for a year to attend class. I even danced in a recital! I had to quit because my husband was taking chemo, and because gas prices were so high. I'd love to meet other belly dancers to share their love of raqs sharqi, to trade tips, etc. Please add me to your friends list!
  • trishtrish84
    trishtrish84 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    Just found this group and thought I'd stop in and say hello. Sadly, I do not take any classes as there aren't any near me. I have watched a few instructional videos but haven't got up the courage to actually follow along with them. I am too afraid my children (teenagers) or husband will walk in on me and I will get embarrassed. I love the art of belly dance though. It seems to promote body positivity and confidence as well as inner beauty. Any who enough rambling from me :smiley: