What day are we all on and how are you getting on?

Options
2»

Replies

• mrshallewell
    Options
    I'm on day 15. (well, just finished) Lvl 2 is getting better but my problem is I'm SO BORED! I knew it would be an issue starting this but it's making it a real struggle to do the workouts.
    Any suggestions? I'm halfway done so I won't quit but 15 more days of the Same ol', same ol' sounds horrible. :o/

Attempt lv 3, if you can do it, pick on the day which level you want to do. change it up a bit. recommend playing motivational music over the top if you know whats being said. I pick Infernal, bit dancy. :flowerforyou:
  • SaberEsPoder
    SaberEsPoder Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 15. (well, just finished) Lvl 2 is getting better but my problem is I'm SO BORED! I knew it would be an issue starting this but it's making it a real struggle to do the workouts.
    Any suggestions? I'm halfway done so I won't quit but 15 more days of the Same ol', same ol' sounds horrible. :o/

Several people here have said they mute Jillian and put in their own music to just follow along.
    I tend to do one day on, one day off...it allows me to do elliptical/walks/other aerobics at the gym/rest.
    Hope you can find a way to make things work :happy:
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I'm on Day 3, Level 3. I got bored during Level 2, no idea why, just found it tedious I think. Pushed on through and Level 3 is much better (harder, but not so high on the boredom scale lol).

I don't have anything to play music on over the top, so I think I just zone out the commentary and focus on the moves. I work so hard in Level 3 that it seems to be over relatively quickly, even though it's the same length as the other levels.

I have re-found the muscles in my arms, and I was so proud the other day. They haven't grown lol they just don't have so much fat hiding them anymore! :) Everything is slowly tightening up.

It's a fast day today for me, so just the 30DS this morning and a 3km walk, and I should get stuck into work... but I'm ignoring the paperwork and reading the internet instead ;)
  • GlitterMamma11
    GlitterMamma11 Posts: 143 Member
    Options

Attempt lv 3, if you can do it, pick on the day which level you want to do. change it up a bit. recommend playing motivational music over the top if you know whats being said. I pick Infernal, bit dancy. :flowerforyou:

Maybe I will try level 3. I'll have to check out my workout play list! Thanks!
  • GlitterMamma11
    GlitterMamma11 Posts: 143 Member
    Options

Several people here have said they mute Jillian and put in their own music to just follow along.
    I tend to do one day on, one day off...it allows me to do elliptical/walks/other aerobics at the gym/rest.
    Hope you can find a way to make things work :happy:

Every other day might be a good idea! Thanks!
  • nelinelineli
    nelinelineli Posts: 330 Member
    Options

A big problem for me was hearing Jillian explaining why we work the small muscles with the big ones every day.... It gets very boring very fast. Half way through lvl 2 my boyfriend started complaining about my working out so I had to mute the sound and I was very surprised to see that not only was it less annoying but it even felt like it went by faster! I didn't play any music ... just the sound of me grunting, jumping and breathing hard somehow made me concentrate and feel better.
  • fitatforty3
    fitatforty3 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Just joined this group today and today will be day 3 Level 1
  • ProgressNotPerfection32
    ProgressNotPerfection32 Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    welcome to our crazy world :-)
  • cassienoe
    cassienoe Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm probably one of the weird ones who isn't sick of Jillian's talking. I still get motivated. Like when she says keep going were almost there. In order to see changes you need to challenge your body. Etc. I'm usually at the giving up point for the move so I hop back to it and keep going.
  • danirosevoelkel
    danirosevoelkel Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Well working out plans last night fell through for me. By the time I got everything done at home it was 11 and I was whooped. So today is day 2 of Level 2 after meet the teacher night.
  • LorienCoffeeBean
    LorienCoffeeBean Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    im on day 15. day 4 of level 2 today. i havent done it yet. im having a hard time staying motivated with level 2. it is so much harder for me. i know i will do it anyways, soon, in the next half hour...i just need to finish my coffee! but damn. its freakin hard for me!
  • danirosevoelkel
    Options
    im on day 15. day 4 of level 2 today. i havent done it yet. im having a hard time staying motivated with level 2. it is so much harder for me. i know i will do it anyways, soon, in the next half hour...i just need to finish my coffee! but damn. its freakin hard for me!

You got this! Chug that brew and hop to it lady! I read somewhere that people are 50-70% more likely to workout once they have their workout clothes on. Maybe just throw them on first thing in the morning?
  • LorienCoffeeBean
    LorienCoffeeBean Posts: 227 Member
    Options

You got this! Chug that brew and hop to it lady! I read somewhere that people are 50-70% more likely to workout once they have their workout clothes on. Maybe just throw them on first thing in the morning?

ok. i did it. and im totally glad i did. it wasnt as hard today :)
  • mrshallewell
    Options

ok. i did it. and im totally glad i did. it wasnt as hard today :)

and it will only get better.
  • ChiJenn
    ChiJenn Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Just finished Day2 Level 1. I'm being lame and doing every other day until I feel like my knee can handle all the jumping. I did better today than on the first day for sure. Now for some breakfast. HRM says I burned 229 calories.
  • danirosevoelkel
    Options
    Today will be day 3 of level 3, I also plan to take my little ones jogging to help with her endurance for soccer and after surpassing my calorie limit yesterday... I need to get a move on!

Where are y'all at?
  • danirosevoelkel
    Options
    Three more days till I'm active again!! yesssssssssh!
  • ProgressNotPerfection32
    Options
    Yipeeeeeeee!!!! ????????????????????????
  • Gadzooksrf
    Gadzooksrf Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this group and just this morning completed Day 2 of Level 1. :-)
  • ashleypashley77
    ashleypashley77 Posts: 15 Member
    Options

Maybe I will try level 3. I'll have to check out my workout play list! Thanks!

I think the pace/vibe of 30DS is quite slow compared to Jillian's other DVDs. You could try 6 Week 6 Pack? It's really quick-paced, maybe that would get you going? No time for boredom.... ! :)