When you don't feel good...

Options
When you don't feel good, whether it's medically related, not sleeping well, PMS for us ladies, or what have you, do you give yourself permission to not exercise? To take the day off with love and kindness and not be mentally rough and hard on yourself? I'm trying to do that today, but it's a very hard battle. Today would have been day 4 at the gym for me, and I know I can go tomorrow, but the weekend I won't be able to. What's your thoughts?

Replies

• Mummsy
    Mummsy Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    If you think you can go, I would go. Keep that good streak going. Even if you walk slowly on the TM. Hope you feel better. :flowerforyou:
  • annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I am not obsessed with exercise. There are days that I do a lot more than others and I don't sweat it. (Pun intended!)
    I also have days where I am hungrier and eat more than others and I don't let this bother me either.
    I spent a lot of years obsessing about my weight and food. Part of my new life is just choosing to be healthy and focus on the good parts of life.
    This means that I take nice walks, stop and smell the flowers. I do my housework and don't let it pile up. I enjoy cooking healthy meals and experimenting with new things.
    Fitness wise, I can't afford a gym.
    I get my fitness at home and outdoors.
    I have fun. Life isn't a chore.
    I choose to get my exercise doing everyday things that make my life worthwhile.
    This was one of the big things my surgeon stressed to me--make sure that whatever exercise you choose to do is something that you can live with for the rest of your life. If you are a person who enjoys the gym, has time for it, and can keep that lifelong commitment to it, go for it. If not, work hard at what you would normally do. Park further away. Take the time to enjoy your life, just keep moving.
    I enjoy strength training at home with my weight bench and dumbbells and have been successful with those. I have DVD's if I choose to use them.
    Other than that, I just keep moving.
  • VickiS78
    VickiS78 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I enjoy going to the gym, and I enjoy getting my work out on the treadmill done, because honestly, I feel so much better mentally when I leave there. I have had 3 back surgeries, and to be honest, my back is just burning today and I'm exhausted. I've taken some meds, so I'm hoping that once they kick in that I'll feel better. But, I do keep my house up, and I'm lucky that with my daughter in school I can clean each room thoroughly every week and keep it up nice and clean with made beds and laundry done, and dinner planned etc. So even after going to the gym, I'm constantly moving. Today just doesn't feel like I have it in me, and I'm my worse critic and beat myself up mentally. I guess I need that peace within.