50th Celebration

Options
Well, I put in my ballot for a second chance to buy tickets to the 50th this morning (and my husband too). It's a long shot, and we'd be flying across the Atlantic to make it happen. Talk about a whirlwind weekend! If we actually get in on the chance to buy tickets, I'm going to have to start stockpiling 5 hour energy drink to make it through the jet lag all weekend, as we'd naturally have to take the train over to Cardiff for the DW experience...

Replies

• verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    I know what a DW fan you are ...... wow, that's so exciting ....... keeping my fingers crossed for you to win ......... good luck :drinker:
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    It's so ridiculous, certainly not something we have $$ for - flying from Central NY to London for a 4 day weekend! But talk about once in a lifetime. The tickets to the event itself are very reasonable. My daughters are already griping about being left behind, but with airfare at $950/ticket, well, they're SOL on this one I'm afraid!
  • verptwerp
    Options
    I don't think it's ridiculous at all ......... I mean, people spend oodles of $$ going to the Super Bowl, right ?????

If you do get to Cardiff, look around for the secret entrance to Torchwood ...... I think it's at one of those pillars :laugh:
  • imzadi481
    imzadi481 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Wow, that sure would be fun!
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    You know.... we haven't watched Torchwood yet. I know! I know! Mostly because it's one of those shows we need to watch after the kids go to bed, and being the Doctor Who fanatics that they are, they want to watch it too and don't get that it's not kid-friendly.

I do love me some Captain Jack though, so it is on my list! .... right after I finally finish the last ep of Sherlock and the last season and a half of Merlin...
  • imzadi481
    imzadi481 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    You know.... we haven't watched Torchwood yet. I know! I know! Mostly because it's one of those shows we need to watch after the kids go to bed, and being the Doctor Who fanatics that they are, they want to watch it too and don't get that it's not kid-friendly.

I do love me some Captain Jack though, so it is on my list! .... right after I finally finish the last ep of Sherlock and the last season and a half of Merlin...

Oh, Captain Jack. Mr Wonderful :)
  • verptwerp
    Options
    torchwood4_zps1ff1defe.jpg

torchwood2_zpse882ad9c.gif

No, Torchwood is definitely NOT a kid-friendly program ....... but OMG, such eye-candy :laugh: