W7 D2 - Hitting a wall

Options
likitisplit
likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
I just completed Week 7 Day 2 yesterday. I think it's my 3rd 25 minute run. I felt stiff, sluggish and worn out. However, it was more like a wall I needed to break through (the dark before the dawn) rather than a problem I need to fix. Has anybody else experienced this?

Replies

• timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    Yes, I had good days and bad days. You just never know which way it's going to go until you start running (at least for me). Could be because of sleep, nutrition, stress, the weather, or many other factors.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Bumping - For the record. If anybody is fighting week 7, it was hard back in January too.
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Bumping - For the record. If anybody is fighting week 7, it was hard back in January too.

Yes, I'm running W7D3 tomorrow.

My APP has issues, the app turns off after the warm up. The first day I thought I turned it off, the second day, I realized it wasn't me. I think I probably ran for almost 27 minutes. I emailed the developer and he said they're working on the bug and to completely turn my phone off and that may help.

I think this is a hard week, no more intervals.
  • toni_mmh
    toni_mmh Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm running W7D3 tomorrow.

My APP has issues, the app turns off after the warm up. The first day I thought I turned it off, the second day, I realized it wasn't me. I think I probably ran for almost 27 minutes. I emailed the developer and he said they're working on the bug and to completely turn my phone off and that may help.

I think this is a hard week, no more intervals.
    [/quote]

I just finished W7D3 this morning. You are younger and in WAY better physical shape than I am. You can do it! Set your mind that you are not going to stop until the app says stop. Keep going even if it's at a turtles pace.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    BTW - Tim's response to this post was one of the things that I recall regularly and has kept me on track as a runner over the last 8 months. When I tell people "Some days are just like that." it's because of the wisdom that was shared right here.
  • Putcake
    Putcake Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I just completed Week 7, Day 2 today. I actually thought I was doing day 3, but then remembered I had to do-over Monday's run after a bad side cramp had me walking for several minutes.

I am still fighting the cramp issue, but just taking some deep breaths. I am excited to be finishing the program, but I just have to remind myself (like the prior poster said) that every day is different.

Today's run was much better than the one I tried on Monday. I am running in a more controlled manner and focusing on breathing. Is it frustrating? Big time. But I'm out there and I'm doing it. That's more than I can say for myself 7 weeks ago!
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    BTW - Tim's response to this post was one of the things that I recall regularly and has kept me on track as a runner over the last 8 months. When I tell people "Some days are just like that." it's because of the wisdom that was shared right here.

Wow, that's awesome! It seems like I was just going through C25K and it's hard to believe so many months have passed since then. I still have good days & bad days, and unfortunately too many bad days in the past few months. But I feel the tide is turning back towards the good. I appreciate each good run even more now.