Christmas 2013

Options
What is everyone most looking forward to for Christmas 2013 (and being 20 pounds lighter)?

Replies

• XxAngry_Pixi
    XxAngry_Pixi Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    The food! Christmas day is going to be a guilt free no logging day for me. Though I can tell you the Christmas lunch menu planned for this year is an awful lot healthier than in past years. Watching the excitement on my kids faces when they come down stairs and realize Santa has been. spending the day with family.

And not looking as fat as I did in pics from last christmas!!!
  • Sunshinedreamr
    Options
    Shopping for new smaller clothes with Christmas money! :-D
  • Sweet_Pandora
    Sweet_Pandora Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I will be with my family in Hawaii for Christmas on a cruise! Wearing my bikini with pride!

I am fulfilling my mother's dream of the family spending Christmas in Hawaii. She will be with us in spirit!

Karen
  • HeatherZousel
    HeatherZousel Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    My family all being together. It is the only time of year my siblings come home and I get to spend time with mom and everyone together. My favorite is cooking Christmas dinner together.
  • whitecapwendy
    whitecapwendy Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Spending time with my family and one and a half days of guilt free eating
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    Christmas baking and cooking. I think we will be hosting hubby's family so the food will be good at least. :)

Also looking forward to having a real fire in our fireplace. Nothing makes it feel more Christmasy than having a crackling fire warming everyone.m
  • jessicaerin13
    Options
    Seeing my family all together. That is my favorite part of Christmas, the togetherness.
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I think I shared this before, but here we go again.

We live several states away from my parents and only go to see them every other Christmas, so that will be this year for us. Every time I go there, my mom (who is a HUGE shopper) has a big stack of clothes that she doesn't like any more and wants to give me. But she never fails to preface it with "Come try these on, they're too big for me and I thought you might be able to wear them."

Thanks Mom.

This year I want to be able to say, "Oh, I'm sorry. I'm two sizes smaller than that and they will never fit me. Thank you anyway."

Is that vindictive or what? Hey, motivation is motivation.
  • pammyd137
    pammyd137 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am looking forward to not feeling as bulky in my layers + coat! I love dressing up for the holidays, but always end up feeling like the stay-puft marshmallow man.
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    That's so funny. We visit my family every other Christmas too AND my mom usually has some tops that don't fit her that she'll pass along to me. I'm 43 & she's 63 so the styles are not for me. I guess it's the thought.
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Looking fw to spending time with loved ones & wearing something I feel good in. And taking lots of photos, of course.
  • kbolton322
    kbolton322 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to taking family pics with out hiding behind on of my kids... and wearing something over then my jeans since thats all that fits me now..
  • Runningcircuits
    Options
    Good topic! I think this may be the final year I can get away with Santa - if we even make it. :(

Other than that, I want to rock a pencil skirt!
  • mjharman
    mjharman Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I have just joined so I'm getting a bit of a late start.

I began this weight loss journey on December 27, 2012, so Christmas will mark my one year anniversary. It would be awesome to lose 20 pounds by then because then I will finally weigh less than my husband...it's quite embarrassing that I have always been larger than he is. So, that is what I want for Christmas. :blushing:
  • taschulz
    taschulz Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    This year has been huge for our family; lost my dad, gained our first grand-baby and a 2nd daughter-in-law So I am just looking forward to soaking in family and feeling comfy in a new pair of jeans. :)
  • charlottemilton
    charlottemilton Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    A new swim suit for the new hot tub on the deck. Guess I should deck the deck for Christmas.
  • oreyna
    oreyna Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Taking some new family portraits :happy:
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    That's so funny. We visit my family every other Christmas too AND my mom usually has some tops that don't fit her that she'll pass along to me. I'm 43 & she's 63 so the styles are not for me. I guess it's the thought.

I know, I let this matching embroidered denim top and skirt from her hang in my closet for probably two years, unworn, before I finally realized I hated them and gave them to charity. LOL!
  • takerbrat
    takerbrat Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I am looking forward to breaking 100 on the golf course in Mesa, Arizona (when you are from Saskatchewan, Canada anywhere warmed is something to look forward too)!
  • lharri0209
    lharri0209 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    This is my baby's first Christmas and her first birthday is in Dec as well. I look forward to that, the beautiful decor and spending special time with FAM and friends. I also love to bake pies and watch Christmas cartoons. The weight loss just makes it the more sweet! Can't wait for our family portraits this Xmas so that everyone can see my progress. :)