Another request for Advice!

Options
Hi.

I am 5'2 and 145 or 144 depending on the week. I did my cut 3 weeks ago, I was eating 2000-2100 for my TDEE and now 1700-1800 for my cut, I am losing nothing. nada, zilp zero. Very frustrated. I run 3 miles 3 times per week and alternate days I do Cathe lifting dvds with 1 rest day. I probably need to cut more, but I had a hard time doing it to begin wtih after a couple of months of eating cleaning and awesome.

Maybe I am doing something wrong with eating so I increased my protein this week to 45% and 30% carbs 25% fat, as I read that decreasing fat is important if I am trying to lose fat & gain muscle (ya whatever still doesn't seem to work)
I eat:
Breakfast: Oatmeal, chia, protein powder, some days a banana with it
Lunch: Always a big salad, lots of veggie and like 6 oz lean meat (some times a carb with this like rice crackers with hummus)
dinner: Meat and veggies
snacks, apple, ostrim sticks, eggs whites, dried spicey chick peas, protein muffins *homemade

One day per week, usually football Sundays I have a treat meal. I either go out for wings and sweet potato fries, have mexican or grill out with friends. This one treat meal helps me be super healthy the other 6 days of the week. Could this really be what is killing me? Seems unfair lol

Seriously, shoot me... I really don't think I am eating anything wrong.. kill me if last weekend i had ONE handful of doritos at a party lol

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Near end of reset, did you eat more to confirm that you really were eating at TDEE?

If fast water weight gain when you thought you were eating at TDEE, means you were not.

Well, if you only used valid weigh-in days of course. Can't count false gains and losses.
  • Deanna_garnermommy
    Options
    I weigh in once per week, under same conditions.
    I was 139 and began my reset for 3 months.. and slowly gained and hit 145. For 3 weeks i teetered from 144-145 and i am still doing that now since the cut.
    I did eat too much and gained a few at one point but it dropped off due to it being water weight i guess.

So to answer your question, I really felt I was at TDEE eating 2100. I increased for a week and gained and stopped after one week and went back to 2100 just to test the water.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Valid test at the end then. I can never remember who did or didn't hear that advice or do it.

Any noticeable effects of what could be food sensitivity?

Don't worry about the fat, you could eat 80% fat and 20% protein and if truly under calories, lose fat.

Good fat is needed, but true don't need more than required. Protein and fat are not cases of if a little is good, then more is better.

0.37 gram per lb of body LBM., or about .3 gram per lb of weight is good amount.
  • Deanna_garnermommy
    Options
    Well i went fro 145 to 144 last week, then back to 145 this week. The only difference was making pumpkin protein bars but still ate within my calorie range and macros but i did have quite a few (damn they were good) I guess I will just not make them this week (damn it)