Wall Walks

bostonwolf
bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
Last time I'd tried them was on my elements day and just could not do them. almost 3 months later they show up in a WOD.

I thought, I'll do the best I can but I'm not sure I can do them.

They weren't perfect, but I knocked them out pretty easily. I was pretty happy about that!

Replies

• kiramaniac
    kiramaniac Posts: 800 Member
    We've never done these at my box. What are they?
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    We've never done these at my box. What are they?

Video would be better but all the sites are blocked here at work.

So you start in push up position, heels against he wall. Push up and reach one leg up the wall as far as you can and drive up, at the same time moving your hands closer to the wall. RX is chest/nose to the wall. I didn't get near that but I got vertical.
  • kiramaniac
    kiramaniac Posts: 800 Member
    I think it's best that my coaches never learn about this.
    It sounds like some crazy reverse burpee where instead of standing, you end up in a handstand pushup.
  • Dmkolls
    Dmkolls Posts: 150 Member
    [/quote]

So you start in push up position, heels against he wall. Push up and reach one leg up the wall as far as you can and drive up, at the same time moving your hands closer to the wall. RX is chest/nose to the wall. I didn't get near that but I got vertical.
    [/quote]

Our box does this during skill learning to teach those who can't do handstands how to do them. I am one of those people. It is hard, but easier than kicking your legs over an praying that you don't kill yourself!
  • alysa521
    alysa521 Posts: 137 Member
    At our box these are one of the modifications for HSPU for those who can't quite do them yet. The HSPU reps are scaled though for wall walks, so 21-15-9 HSPU would become like 12-9-6 wall walks. In my opinion they are much harder and more taxing on my shoulders and I'd rather suffer through the 45 HSPU's :)
  • rmk20togo
    rmk20togo Posts: 353 Member
    Nicely done!! I've gotten belly to the wall but not nose. It's just a fear thing for me!
  • MissXFit13
    MissXFit13 Posts: 217 Member
    I love wall walks, but any time the WOD calls for more than 3 consecutive, I die!

And somtimes...I stick my stomach out to touch the wall to count as my "rep". Thanks, belly!
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    I love all upside down movements!

A group of friends here on MFP used to do "wall walk Wednesday's" for practice.