How much and how long

Nicole9187
Nicole9187 Posts: 122 Member
I was curious to know how long everyone has been eating low carb and how much weight you have lost? I tried looking through the forums but didn't see anything, so if this is a repeat please post :smile:

Replies

• MermaidTX
    MermaidTX Posts: 352 Member
    I was curious to know how long everyone has been eating low carb and how much weight you have lost? I tried looking through the forums but didn't see anything, so if this is a repeat please post :smile:

I've lost almost 18lbs since June (LCHF/keto). My exercise is limited to walking most every day.
  • Rei1988
    Rei1988 Posts: 412 Member
    I lost 18lbs since end of June too
  • I'm on a low carb high fat diet for 4 months now. So far I've lost 16 pounds. I am not hungry, cranky or tired on this diet and I intend to keep to this diet/lifestyle for the rest of my life as I feel and look great. Atm I'm in ketosis because I wanted to lose a few more pounds but my body said no (hit a plateau). Now I'm losing those last stubborn pounds of fat thanks 2 ketosis. My fat percentage is now low for my age group. Yay, result!
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    I've lost 129 pounds since 1/12, stabilized my blood sugar, improved my lipid panel tremendously and quit taking diabetic medication.
  • kiramaniac
    kiramaniac Posts: 800 Member
    One year and 2 weeks here. Down 60.5 pounds.
  • GabyBaby916
    GabyBaby916 Posts: 385 Member
    From 2002 to 2003 I lost 160+ lbs and maintained the weight for over eight years on a low carb lifestyle.
    Then I got lazy, let bad habits creep back in and gained 40lbs back.

So I'm back to what works!
  • StephanieE3456
    StephanieE3456 Posts: 80 Member
    14 months and 85 lbs down.
  • Nicole9187
    Nicole9187 Posts: 122 Member
    Everyone's weight loss is very inspiring! Thank you so much for sharing.

:smile:
  • astartig
    astartig Posts: 549 Member
    since middle of july, I don't weigh myself but from a size 14 (probably should have been 16) to a size 12 sometimes 10 now. I've been doing keto.
  • chani8
    chani8 Posts: 946 Member
    Went low carb with my husband a year ago. I lost close to 30 pounds, and he lost both 50 lbs and diabetes. We're now doing maintenance. I keep carbs between 35-50 and he eats under 100. We monitor calories as well as carbs.
  • danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    I'm down about 10lbs since mid July. I try to stick around 50g of carbs per day but don't worry if I go up to 100 once in a while.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    4 months and 57 down. 47 lbs lost since I started reporting it to MFP.

I also kicked myself out of ketosis this weekend, though I will stick with a low-carb lifestyle (maybe not ketosis levels), but there is zero doubt that low-Carb really does work and it works very well!
  • simplypanda
    simplypanda Posts: 15 Member
    I'm 44 days in to keto and 14lbs down! I also exercise at least 30mins a day, 6 days a week.
  • linbert57
    linbert57 Posts: 154 Member
    Low carbing since the spring - now doing keto. Down 27 lbs - lots of energy, no cravings, feeling great!!
  • msjames1999
    msjames1999 Posts: 528 Member
    Since April 1, 2013. Down 66 pounds.
  • astartig
    astartig Posts: 549 Member
    I forgot I replied to this thread. can't just delete so, NM :)
  • epcooper
    epcooper Posts: 161 Member
    I've lost 4 lbs in 1 month, which doesn't sound like much, but it's HUGE for me. I'd been bouncing around the same 2 lbs for 4 months just eating Paleo, and as soon as I cut carbs to keto levels I started seeing new lows.