Push thru Weekend!!!

Options
shirlinap
shirlinap Posts: 40 Member
Everyones progress has been sooo motivational!! So great to see everyone sticking with it and also those picking it up in the middle of the game!!

Some have already lost a few pounds so it shows u can lose even in just a few days..

So if uve fallen off the wagon u can pick up today and go strong thru the weekend!! On that note also.. I've found that a big part is confessing the bad things I've done... ahem.. I went out last night and had a weak McDonald's moment .. bacon cheese biscuit and fries... ://///. Even tho its embarrassing and I hate to admit it... for me, it allows me to say its OKAY.. I'm not perfect, and hop back on the wagon. I'm still moving in the right direction and I don't expect to go from all junk food to completely healthy in a few days.

That's been a big part for me.. if I mess up I used to just give up completely and the cycle goes on... thanks to confessing to u all I can get back with it... and guess what.. I've lost 1.6 pounds!!!! Woohooo!!

Thank u all for being so supportive and participating.. it makes all the difference!!

Looking forward to Mondays weigh in!

Shirlina

Replies

• skill133
    Options
    Trying to stay strong tonight. I've kept my no eating after 8pm rule tonight at least!!
  • CaliforniaBarbie
    CaliforniaBarbie Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Keep on your toes cause remember we have weigh ins monday!
    and dont skip workouts."I really regret that workout" -Said NO one EVER! so Just Do It
  • kaylacollinscna
    kaylacollinscna Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Had a couple of slip ups this week. Large McDonald's meal with milkshake after stressful day of work and not being picked up from work until 1 1/2 hours after I got off (boyfriend slept through his alarm). Texas Roadhouse dinner tonight and haven't eaten anything else today. I'm going to make meals ahead so they're ready and I won't be so tempted to eat out. I also need an outlet for emotional days.
    I also am kind of upset that I didn't go to the gym today. I got up at about 5pm after oversleeping and after eating out and getting other things done it was too late. I hate weekends. The gym isn't open all night. :(
  • MorganOfTroy
    MorganOfTroy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Weekends are soooo hard for me (ie Sunday pizza night and hubby's "but it's the weekend, one hamburger's not gonna kill you")!! I feel so good about my progress this week and am really afraid I'm gonna ruin it in two days. Bah.
  • jbuc07
    jbuc07 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Everyones progress has been sooo motivational!! So great to see everyone sticking with it and also those picking it up in the middle of the game!!

Some have already lost a few pounds so it shows u can lose even in just a few days..

So if uve fallen off the wagon u can pick up today and go strong thru the weekend!! On that note also.. I've found that a big part is confessing the bad things I've done... ahem.. I went out last night and had a weak McDonald's moment .. bacon cheese biscuit and fries... ://///. Even tho its embarrassing and I hate to admit it... for me, it allows me to say its OKAY.. I'm not perfect, and hop back on the wagon. I'm still moving in the right direction and I don't expect to go from all junk food to completely healthy in a few days.

That's been a big part for me.. if I mess up I used to just give up completely and the cycle goes on... thanks to confessing to u all I can get back with it... and guess what.. I've lost 1.6 pounds!!!! Woohooo!!

Thank u all for being so supportive and participating.. it makes all the difference!!

Looking forward to Mondays weigh in!

Shirlina

So happy you posted this! I had an epic fail last night, and ate 'movie night popcorn' (includes pb and choc) and then shared a blizzard with my kids. DYK, that even a 1/4 of a med blizzard is STILL 200calories!!:ohwell: And, I didn't work out, which is embarrassing. I'm beginning to wonder HOW I'm going to make it through this... I can't even do 3 days! LOL. Alright, here's to the weekend!
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I too, had a bad day. I ate a whole box of swiss cake rolls and that was all I ate the whole day. I still worked out and was still under my calories, but probably not the most nutritious day I've ever had. I've been eating pretty poorly this whole week. McDonald's, caprisuns, lots of hot chocolates. But I allowed myself to have them as long as my calories were still good and I was getting my fiber. But still, I really want to do better this week! It's a busy weekend with lots of things to do around the house and working on a painting that I want to get done before my family gets here at the end of the month. So I'll be moving a little extra. Hopefully that will help burn off some of those bad choices I made this week!
  • skill133
    Options
    People. Lets get it together!! I realize we can't be perfect an will have slip ups. A cheat meal a week is not a bad idea and won't kill ya. As long as you are working hard and earning them extra calories right? It's week 1 so give yourself a free pass card but let's do better in week 2. I say we all make a pledge of no McDonald's in week 2. If you have McDonald's you have to put $10 in the group kitty. We could then use the kitty at the end of the week and give that out to the top performers. Hmmm maybe ill post this in group awards section and gage interest
  • dj0jazzy
    dj0jazzy Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Had a little bit of a rough night last night....I had two rum buckets...and a fried motzarella stick! On a better note though I'm running my first 5K today!!
  • cem614
    cem614 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I've used this weekend to regroup and plan out my meals. Ironically, this is weekend is probably the easiest time I have had to staying under my calories all week, yet I am still having trouble hitting 1000 calories (so much food, I kinda want to vomit)
    . For vegetables, I have raw green peppers and iceberg lettuce. The calories are miniscule, so I am not adding them in.

What I have so far:

2 Hardboiled eggs - 140cal 13g protein 10g fat 1g carb

16oz Chicken Breast - 440cal 92g protein 10g fat 0g carb

Sugar-free Pudding - 70cal 1g protein 3g fat 4g carb

2 Slices Thin Swiss Cheese - 120cal 8g protein 10g fat 0g carb

5 Yummy all-natural Dino Buddies - 180cal 10g protein 10g fat 13g carb

So far, I have 950cal 125g protein 43g fat 18g carbs total, and gotta fill in about 450 cals and bits and pieces from the pfc's to hit my intake goals. I don't always eat this way, but when you fill it with more whole foods, you have some left over for a treat, which I think my 450 calories are going towards. :)
  • cem614
    Options
    Had a little bit of a rough night last night....I had two rum buckets...and a fried motzarella stick! On a better note though I'm running my first 5K today!!

Woowee! Not too hungover? haha! You're gonna burn that off. Good luck on your 5k!
  • moreabs
    moreabs Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    If I dont remember to weigh in on Monday, then I'll weigh in whenever I remember. That should probably be Tuesday. :)
  • bb1266
    bb1266 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I also had a not so great week, but this group has kept me motivated. I was CRAZY hungry for no reason at all, like hungry after eating almost immediately, and its been that way for two weeks, which caused me to overeat a lot, even if it was just healthy stuff. But today my appetite is finally back to normal. So ready for this challenge!
  • jbuc07
    Options
    So, weekends are not good for me.... I'm shooting for a better week. MORE activity (ie EVERYDAY) and LESS calories! I did, however weigh in at 135.2. .8 loss. Not huge, but, I'll take it. Here's to at least 133 next week!!
  • Fat2Fit145
    Fat2Fit145 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    My wekend was HORRIFIC..... ate alot of Junk yesterday, but back on track today, its a NEW week :D
  • crash_aly
    Options
    My weekend was full of ups and downs! I made a great healthy dinner Friday night and then ended up having three glasses of wine that seemed to be quite relentless! Saturday I stayed active but didn't do any actual workouts and ate well. Sunday had a great start and then after breakfast around 9am we headed outside and didn't get home or eat again until almost 6pm. I was nervous to jump on the scale this morning, and rightfully so...was up a pound :( Hopefully it will come off this week and then some!
  • skill133
    Options
    I hear you guys..up and downs here and not between the sheets either. LOL j/K

Have a good week....i'm motivated even more during the week b/c I never know what the weekend will bring.
  • cem614
    Options
    I hear you guys..up and downs here and not between the sheets either. LOL j/K

*sigh*
  • jbuc07
    Options
    And, the weekend is upon us!!! How is everyone doing?? It's a beautiful day today. Finally cooling off. Low 80's right now, slight breeze. Did lost of yard work today, AND did day 3 of the shred. YAY ME! I'm fixin to head to a friends for her daughter's b-day party.. Regretting eating all those pancakes for breakfast this morning! Oh well, I'm gonna eat a salad before going, and *hopefully* stick to only 2 pieces. LOL... Ya, right. I haven't had pizza for a while..... LOL

Hoping ya'll are having a wonderful weekend!