yayog dvd

Options
grayo15
grayo15 Posts: 8 Member
Hi
Ive just started doing the DVD ive done one week of the timed sets but i dont know if im supposed to be mixing it up with the pyramids and circuits.

anyone know how its should be done?

Replies

• frizbeemom
    frizbeemom Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Same question here. In for the responses. :)
  • guidothecat
    guidothecat Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I have been mixing it up as I feel, depends on the mood for the day. Not sure if that is correct or not, but it's what I am doing. :glasses:
  • teachmom32
    teachmom32 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I just started the dvd, too, after using the app for a while. I think I'm going to do 2 weeks of the timed sets. Then I'm going to do week 1 and 2 of the app. Then 2 weeks of the circuits. Then weeks 3 and 4 of app. Then 2 weeks of ladders and finish with weeks 5 and 6 of the app. The exercises are completely different between the app and the dvd, so it's a bit confusing. I like the app, but for me (as a woman who is not SUPER in shape) it advanced quite quickly.
  • andit001
    andit001 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Mark Lauren suggested on his twitter to someone, to do all three each week. Like: Monday Timed sets, Wednesday Ladders and Friday Circuit Training.

But I think you can do it differently, too. Most important is that you stay active.
  • AbbeyDove
    AbbeyDove Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I asked him on the FB page, and he said to do all three in a week. So, that's what I'm doing. How is everyone doing with this, btw? I'll be starting my third week on novice. It's hard, but it's gotten a little easier!
  • AbbeyDove
    AbbeyDove Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I'm a teacher too. Right now I should be grading, ugh! I teach high school social studies!
  • andit001
    andit001 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I asked him on the FB page, and he said to do all three in a week. So, that's what I'm doing. How is everyone doing with this, btw? I'll be starting my third week on novice. It's hard, but it's gotten a little easier!

I've done the third week of the novice disk now, fourth week is starting now. Not ready for intermediate yet but getting stronger and I hope I get there in a few weeks. Those mountain climbers and military presses are really challenging.
  • ithink2020
    ithink2020 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I spoke with Mark over Twitter regarding this and here is what he told me:

"I wasn't clear during the intro, but all 3 workouts should be done each week. The progression of exercises from Novice to Intermediate to Advanced makes the most sense that way. Monday- Timed Sets / Wednesday- Ladders / Friday- Circuit Training. Of course, this is just a recommendation and not totally necessary."

I've just started doing the DVDs this week as well! WOW, the Novice Timed Sets workout was harder than I thought it was going to be. The mountain climbers about killed me! LOL. It's nice to see someone else is doing them as well.

I'm planning on using YAYOG DVDs, book, app and EFX this year to get in my best shape ever! Check out my blog and help keep me on track! http://ithink2020.blogspot.com/

Matt
    Friend me here on MFP: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ithink2020
    Follow me On Twitter: @MatthewASchmitt
    My Blog: http://ithink2020.blogspot.com/