ATTN Ladies only!!!

Options
HSokol
HSokol Posts: 67 Member
So I have kind of a personal question for you gals that I am a bit confused about since we are now doing this challenge. Normally I do not track anything (weight or measurements) during the week of my period due to bloating and hormone fluctuations causing severe weight gain (like this morning I suddenly gained 4.5 lbs). Since we are now doing this challenge and have been requested to weigh in weekly I am wondering what to do for accountability purposes. Should we just be saying it is a 0 loss due to TTOM (that time of month)?

Replies

• 130annie
    130annie Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I'd just weigh it as per scale. Keep on plan...And next week, it will be good.....A
  • Cowgal23
    Cowgal23 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'd just weigh yourself like any other week. Yes I know it may not be a pleasant number for you for the week but the following week you'll have a better week. The number just may surprise you and not be completely as high as it is right now.

I went to the doctor earlier this week and somehow between Sat weigh in and Mon evening I somehow had already gained about 4 lbs. Although I know the factors of them being different scales, my being sick, and it being TTOM I know that most of that was from being bloated and not moving throughout the day.
  • dinobunni
    Options
    I'd just weigh myself normal and make a note that it's that time of the month. It's probably good to know just how much your weight fluctuates that week anyway. :)
  • takerbrat
    takerbrat Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I agree, weigh yourself as usual and next week will be another story. That is what happened to me our first week . . . I weighed in and then last week the scale only showed a .4 lb loss. This week I am showing a 3.6 lb loss which under normal circumstances is not necessarily a healthy weight loss rate. On another note, I am working with a personal trainer (who happens to be my son - AWKWARD) who has relayed to me that if I consistently drink 8 - 10 glasses of water each day, he calls it normalizing my water, the water retention and bloating will be less. I used to gain 5 - 7 lbs. at that time of the month but since July 1, 2013 when I started the challenge with my son* I only have only gained 1 - 1.5 lbs with each cycle. I also take Evening Primrose Oil capsules each day and double up the dose in the 3 days leading up to my cycle and for the first 3 days of my cycle. Hope this helps, Terri

*to learn more about our challenge checkout my blog - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/takerbrat?month=201306, in August there was a post entitled Supplemental Information . . . you can read more about Evening Primrose Oil there if you are interested