Welcome!

Options
Please introduce yourself and feel free to give a reason why you are here!

Replies

• larrytricia
    Options
    Hey,

My name is Tricia and I joined myfitnesspal.com tonight in search of motivation and support to conquer this health battle before it conquers me. I purchased books today at the local Christian book store and learned of this sight from the authors.

I am severly afraid that is something does not change soon, my life will be cut short. I have tried to fight a hard fight, but so far have only managed a short time before giving up. I have a nutrionist and I KNOW what to do, I think my missing element has been a support group where I am needed to help others and have a support team myself.

I really hope that is what this group is about to become. Something has to change for me and I KNOW I am not alone.

Please God, let this be where my life and many others can finally find our way to health.
  • GKSTcoach
    GKSTcoach Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've struggled with my weight all of my life. I had made some breakthroughs in the mid-2000's, but the weight came back. Almost 2 months ago I began seeing a dietician and using MFP. I discovered that my main obstacle was I hadn't been eating enough. I was starving my body instead of letting it run correctly. MFP reminds me to eat, and as a result I've lost 15 pounds, but sometimes I feel like I'm plateauing.

I love swimming and dislike sweating, so my exercise is usually limited to water so I can exercise and not feel the sweat!

My reason for joining MFP is due to all of the health issues that run in my family, and if I don't do something to take control of my weight, I may be looking forward to a disappointing future.

So far I've found MFP to be a good guide in my eating.
  • Via_14
    Via_14 Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    Hey guys,

Via here and wish you all the best on your weight loss journey!

I'm here because I've been carrying excess weight for way too long and I want to tackle my obesity before health complications arise. My primary reason for losing weight is to be healthier and secondly to feel good and look good. I have had low self-esteem all my life so i think losing weight will bring renewed confidence in myself =)

Thanks for creating this group!