Eat The Food VS EMTWL?

Options
kamaperry
kamaperry Posts: 885 Member
Just read Amber Evangeline Rogers book "Taking Up Space" over the weekend and now I am more sold on the idea of eating this way then ever. My question is this the same as EMTWL? Or different principles.
I am going to be (and am) inthe healing phase and will be doing no workouts for a few weeks due to that and the fact that I am having a cardiac procedure/surgery on this coming Tuesday. I used the TDEE calculator to get what I should eat without workouts and I came up with a BMR of 1699 and TDEE of 2669. So I cut my calorie limit to 2100 per day, so that hopefully I won't blimp out. Hard to tell my correct weight right now, because my health condition is causing some edema.

Replies

• athenalove46
    athenalove46 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    From what I gathered by being a part of the Eat the food group on Facebook is they don't like food labels. There is no good food and there is no bad food and they will let you know it. And you'll have to come to your own thinking of what is good or not, but a diet completely full of processed foods no matter how much they fit into your macros is not good for you. And that's where I disagree from her. There ARE bad foods out there. Other than that little tidbit, I do think they are along the same lines. :)
  • kamaperry
    kamaperry Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    From what I gathered by being a part of the Eat the food group on Facebook is they don't like food labels. There is no good food and there is no bad food and they will let you know it. And you'll have to come to your own thinking of what is good or not, but a diet completely full of processed foods no matter how much they fit into your macros is not good for you. And that's where I disagree from her. There ARE bad foods out there. Other than that little tidbit, I do think they are along the same lines. :)

I do agree, but I think she is trying to get people away from the "Diet" mentality. She does say to pay attention to your body when you eat, so how you feel. The "Bad" food, makes me feel awful, whereas "Good" food doesn't. But again what might be bad for me is not bad for someone else. She is trying to take us away from so much selfguilt. Anywas, thanks for your input, it helps.
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I joined this group too on Facebook ETF-well one of them for support, because there was no private EM2WL groups. You do have to watch your language there, cause they do not like to hear alot about cleaner eating or organics etc, because of the reasons stated above. It is about the same.....I think the re-set is sorta different. I have seen them say build up to your TDEE over 8 weeks, but you only eat at the TDEE for 2 weeks, where as it is my understanding to get "stable" in your TDEE first before cutting. That is hard to see alot of....people cutting before stabilizing, but that is not for me to worry on.
  • perky12415
    Options
    The facebook 'about' page for Eat the Food says it is all about recovering eating disorders. I think the the mentality of that is very different where this group seems to be based from.
  • cherrybomb_77
    cherrybomb_77 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of similarities, I think, but they aren't quite the same.
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    The eating disorders are actually in EM2WL. It is simply the disorders some of us have had by counting cals, over exercising, Low cal, Low Carb, Low Fat....eat this not that....drink this drink that....anything really to excess. That is what they consider an eating disorder. It really is the same thing. Just EM2WL, talks about things in a more positive and motivating way, I feel though I am not following a diet per-say, I need some structure to get things going....ETF does not provide that, EM2WL does....I wish EM2WL had a private group on FB. I personally do not want to post about my program on the one they have because people who are still pushing HCG are in there....and I am not interested in the debate :)

The facebook 'about' page for Eat the Food says it is all about recovering eating disorders. I think the the mentality of that is very different where this group seems to be based from.
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    The eating disorders are actually in EM2WL. It is simply the disorders some of us have had by counting cals, over exercising, Low cal, Low Carb, Low Fat....eat this not that....drink this drink that....anything really to excess. That is what they consider an eating disorder. It really is the same thing. Just EM2WL, talks about things in a more positive and motivating way, I feel though I am not following a diet per-say, I need some structure to get things going....ETF does not provide that, EM2WL does....I wish EM2WL had a private group on FB. I personally do not want to post about my program on the one they have because people who are still pushing HCG are in there....and I am not interested in the debate :)

We have a forum www.forums.eatmore2weighless.com if you'd like to join.
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options

I agree there are foods that aren't good for your body. Things I'd never put to my lips. EM2WL doesn't promote any type of eating but keeping it clean in the sense of processed foods I'd hope each person would come to that realization that processed foods are just not what's best for our bodies.