Weight vs Clothing size

Options
Its hardly an exact science, but it's useful to know what weights different dress sizes are to help to know what to aim for.

I'm 5'5" 337lbs and approx a uk 26/28.

Replies

• SucculentGoddess
    SucculentGoddess Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Just to add something to your question

A UK 26 is an Australian 24 and a US 22
  • candylilacs
    candylilacs Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I don't know if that's always correct -- but I'm 5 feet 7 inches and 281, and wear a US 22 or 24.
  • ChristinaPerrine
    Options
    I'm approx 330, 5'-4" and a size 30/32 lose, or 28 tight.
  • lindseydavis07
    lindseydavis07 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    5'11, when I was 375 a tight 28

I haven't bought new pants since I’ve lost weight BUT now that I’m at 330 I can take those off without unbuttoning them :)
  • jemethyst
    jemethyst Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    At 5'9'' and 391lbs I was in a tight 30/32 jeans. I've been too afraid to try them on or any others since starting this journey. ( I tried once about 10 pounds ago and wasn't impressed with results) I wear yoga pants all the time, once they start falling off I don't know what Ill do! lol I don't want to buy clothes that I don't plan to be able to wear for long.
  • boswell0617
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss so far! I am 5'10 and 358.5. I am in a 26/28, and I have to ask, it is it as hard for you to find clothes as it is for me? It seems like everything costs an arm and a leg and so many places (even plus size) stop at a 24.
  • jemethyst
    jemethyst Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss so far! I am 5'10 and 358.5. I am in a 26/28, and I have to ask, it is it as hard for you to find clothes as it is for me? It seems like everything costs an arm and a leg and so many places (even plus size) stop at a 24.

Not sure about everyone else, but I can't fit into clothes from most plus sized stores either. There is a Catherine's plus size store the next town over that I go to, they go up to 5x or 34. They are definitely more expensive than regular clothing stores, but the clothes seem to last. Most the stuff I wear until they get holes or I outgrew them, so I don't shop often. (Talking years) That's one reason I don't want to buy many transition clothes while loosing weight. I got lucky 2 yrs ago and found yoga pants at Walmart for 4 bucks on clearance, I probably bought 12-18 pairs! Gray Navy, black....and in Both 4x and 5x. Also got 6 pair of Capri yoga pants, 2 styles of each color. I was so excited, I went to two different wallmarts and bought them both out of the 5x supply

When I shop Catherine's i do my best to shop clearance or sale items, rarely do I buy at full cost
  • boswell0617
    Options
    Thanks for the response. I got some yoga pants on clearance at walmart 2 years ago too and I have worn them almost everyday, and they are finally starting to die and fall apart. sad. It is crazy that when we find things so cheap, that we have to stock up on them. Thanks for the tips!
  • incredibleshrinkingjackie
    Options
    when i was 398 i wore a size 34w jeans and 4 x tops from lane bryan or roamans.

now i weigh 310 and am in a 26/28 jeans and a 2x top from lb or roamans. i can buy 4x (26/28) from walmart now too.
  • lostgrl85
    lostgrl85 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and 330. I usually wear a 28, sometimes a 26, depending on how they're made. Tops are usually 3-4X. Back at my highest point, 363, I could barely get into some of the 28s, but now they're fitting better.
  • sarahyourprincess
    sarahyourprincess Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm at 318, and 2x in tops, and a big 22 in pants or a smaller 24 and I'm 5'4
    when I was at my highest 390ish I was at a big 28 and a 4-5x in shirts
  • starchile
    starchile Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Gosh, its so hard because there are so many factors! The material of the clothes is HUGE...and even the brand! For example, one time I was wearing a size 24 in Lane Bryant jeans...I got SO EXCITED (cuz I had come down from a size 28) that I went online and bought a size 24W from Levi's...WTF???? I couldn't even get them past my knees!!!! LOL!!! I DEFINITELY think places like LB, The Avenue and the like are "generously cut" to fit bigger bodies. And I know that they put a TON of lycra in their denim so that they are more stretchy. I would be willing to bet that a 24 in LB clothing (jeans at least) would equal like a 28 in just straight regular denim jeans somewhere else.

OH! And other important factors are how you carry your weight (belly vs thighs) and how tall you are! LOL.

Anyway, I'm 5'10...weigh 345 and I wear a 26 stretchy denim jeans from LB