Is The Male Stop Dead

Options
AllanMisner
AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
Not hearing from you guys. How is everybody doing?

Replies

• loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I hope not. I enjoy stopping by and hearing from other men.
  • padams2359
    padams2359 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I am new on the site, and was really hoping this would be an active group. We as men gain and lose weight differently than women do. We don't deal with the monthly water weight gain, and gain weight for different reasons. The closest we have is the sympathy weight gains when I wives are pregnant, and that is from having to runout and get the ice cream, we might as well have some.
  • loulamb7
    Options
    We as men gain and lose weight differently than women do.

Couldn't have said it any better. This is the reason I enjoy this group.
  • clownfear_7
    Options
    I posted a topic a few days ago and it hasn't received any feedback. Not even a, "Sucks to be you!" Maybe that is because it is pretty personal, but I thought that this would be an appropriate place. Maybe I'm off base.
  • AllanMisner
    Options
    I posted a topic a few days ago and it hasn't received any feedback. Not even a, "Sucks to be you!" Maybe that is because it is pretty personal, but I thought that this would be an appropriate place. Maybe I'm off base.

Not sure where or when you posted, I didn't see it, or I would have responded.
  • clownfear_7
    Options
    [/quote]

I posted it on the 27th.
  • dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options

I posted it on the 27th.
    [/quote]

I'm not seeing it on this board. Usually only the wife who tells me I'm blind...

I do hope this board isn't dead. September seems to have been slow for posting on all boards I usually use.

Maybe October will be better.
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    ive actually found that most of the "groups" im in dont get much action. mainly only the main sections.

i would love it if the groups were more active.
  • 58Rock
    58Rock Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Long Live The Male Stop!
  • loulamb7
    Options

I posted it on the 27th.
    [/quote]

Hey Clownfear,

Don't see your post here either. Maybe you posted on a different board. Anyway, why not post again?

P.S. Congrats on your transformation. Amazing work.
  • tjmahoney
    tjmahoney Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I just joined the group this month also and am looking forward to discussions that relate to us as men. I liked seeing the monthly challenges listed; look forward to participating to them also.
  • CardiacKev28
    CardiacKev28 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I always look at this group to see what is being discussed if anything. I am always posting on MFP. My diary is always open but I take a very different approach to getting in shape so I don't discuss much. I have been working with a wellness coach since the end of April. When I started this journey I weighed in at 363! I am now at 314. My coach has taken me off all lowfat or no fat products, I used to drink a lot of diet/no calorie soda, and all that is gone now. I am limited to 28 grams of sugar a day( I used to love sweets) that is gone too. But I love my baked potatoes with sour cream and butter! No margarine, no artificial sweeteners. All wholesome foods only. I am also Gluten Free, not because I have a disease, just because my coach thought it would help with my asthma and it has. I could go on and on about my new lifestyle and I am willing to share with anybody. So, Again I try not to post to much because I find a lot of people eat lowfat and no fat and that's not me. But I am always open to new things and I am always willing to help. Good Luck on your new lives. Friend me if you want
  • loulamb7
    Options
    @kevidona
    Thanks for sharing your approach to weight management. Cool thing about the Male Stop is that we don't seem to have anyone hell bent on the "right" way to lose weight. My focus has primarily been to eat at a calorie deficit. Seems to be working well and I eat what I always ate, just not as much or as often. I know I need to add exercise to the mix but have lost most of my weight without adding too much exercise. Looking forward to getting into strength training.
  • tjmahoney
    tjmahoney Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Great story and good job Kevidona! Congrats on the weight loss! There's nothing like seeing results!
  • CardiacKev28
    CardiacKev28 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I thank you for reading my story. Not only has my coach had a great influence on my eating but I have left the couch last april and now I do at least 25 minutes a day on my treadmill and I workout with her (coach) at least twice a week. I really enjoy her training(did I just say that) boy-have I come a long way but I have a long way to go. My whole outlook has changed on everything. I wish you all well and if I can help you with anything just ask- we are all in this together
  • pizzmor
    Options
    Hey fellas. I just joined the group. I hope it's not dead. I joined because I am getting tired of hearing the ladies complain about how they crave chocolate on their periods. :huh:

Good to be here!!
  • AllanMisner
    Options
    Hey fellas. I just joined the group. I hope it's not dead. I joined because I am getting tired of hearing the ladies complain about how they crave chocolate on their periods. :huh:

Good to be here!!

Welcome!
  • padams2359
    padams2359 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    The only thing i have in common with women as far as weight gain is that I gain it all in my stomach. At my highest, 190, I looked 7 months pregnant. Proof is in my pics. I know, some people wish to be 190, but I am a small guy, and it is not a good look on me. Wouldn't mind it if I had about 8% body fat. I just don't feel the need to be that big. If I could have any build, Dennis Quiad, about 15 years ago, he was not big, but had a nice build, and definition without being large.
  • loulamb7
    Options

Good to be here!!

Welcome. Glad you found us. Group isn't dead, it's just not as chatty as other groups, but we're here to support each other.

The monthly goals discussion help me stay on track.