Lifting gloves?

Options
What is your opinion on lifting gloves? I have very small hands and am having a hard time gripping the heavier dumbbells for the length of time I need to get through each set before I rest. The weight is not too much...just slipping because my fingers can't wrap all the way around. What are your thoughts on using gloves? Do they help or hinder?

Replies

• FourIsCompany
    FourIsCompany Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    They absolutely help me. I think the only way to know would be to try.
  • pikminprincess
    pikminprincess Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    They absolutely help me. I think the only way to know would be to try.

Thanks...any suggestions on where to buy a decent pair?
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I don't have small hands, but the bars were tearing up my hands. I'm a wuss. So I got a pair at Sports Authority. They had a pretty good selection. I tried on several pair before settling on one I liked.

PS: I would suggest minimal padding--it messes with your grip. Mine are just plain leather palms. Really nice. :smile:
  • FourIsCompany
    FourIsCompany Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Thanks...any suggestions on where to buy a decent pair?

Sorry, I can't recommend a brand but I'd go to a sports store. Mine are just a cheapie pair. I got them so long ago that I don't even remember buying them. As long as they feel good, allow you to move freely and have a nice leather palm, I wouldn't go fancy, personally. And I agree with the minimal padding.
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    You definetly need one! I can't do without mine and it feels better gripping the bars or dumbbells with them on.

I got mine at Walmart and I did see some at Target. Also I think online stores like Amazon, Ebay have them too.
  • ebr250
    ebr250 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    The only way to know is to try a pair. I have been lifting since 2007 and never used or even tried them. If you are curious, then try them out :smile:
  • carrietehbear
    carrietehbear Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I prefer using gloves. I got mine at Target. I've recently lost my pair and it's just annoying to having callouses on my hands.