Week 1 Challenge

Options
This week we will focus on getting moving. Although nutrition plays a huge role in maintaining or achieving a healthy weight, fitness is great for the heart!! Do what you can, don't overdo it and remember we are here to have fun!

The first thing you want to do for the week is set a goal, any goal. For instance mine is making sure to each a fruit or veggie with each meal. Make a small goal and work on it daily with your fitness challenge!

Monday- Complete 1 mile of any activity at your own pace and complete 25 of one of the following: sit-ups, push-ups, pull-ups, crunches, squats, or 5- 20 second planks

Tuesday- Complete 2 miles of any activity at your own pace

Wednesday- Complete 3 miles of any activity at your own pace and post a healthy snack idea 200 calories or less under the post called "week one snack ideas"

Thursday- Complete 1 mile of any activity in faster time than Monday's time. Complete 35 of any of the following: sit-ups, push-ups, crunches, squats, or 7- 25 second planks

Friday- Complete 2 miles of any activity faster than Tuesday's pace and share your biggest struggle under "week 1 struggles" posting

Saturday- Complete 3 miles of any activity in less time than Wednesday's time and share your week 1 personal goal and how you did under the week 1 post called "week 1 personal goals outcome" Only post this at the end of the week once you have completed your goal. if you did not, explain why and how you can do better next week.

Sunday:

Rest! See you Monday!

Dont forget to come back each day and post what you did! We'd love to hear how you are doing!

Replies

• I'm in! Thanks for starting this group! :)
  • BrandNewFabulousMe
    Options
    I'm in! Thanks for starting this group! :)

Thank you for joining! I needed something to help give me an extra push. Hopefully it can help others too!!!
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I need the push.
  • lhiett50
    lhiett50 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Looks good! Ready to get started!:wink:
  • Rica5th
    Options
    I need the push. I need to keep going. I need to find balance.

I am a MOM to a 23-month old toddler with 75 lbs. to lose and most of the the time, life becomes so overwhelming. I have been pretty good with getting active that I go to the gym at least 3x a week... but then I end up eating a lot of fast food because there's no time to prepare healthier meals. Or I can eat healthier but end up getting stuck in the kitchen that I have no time to get active! :-/

This is the week I seek to find that elusive BALANCE. Thanks for starting this! :)
  • BrandNewFabulousMe
    Options
    I need the push. I need to keep going. I need to find balance.

I am a MOM to a 23-month old toddler with 75 lbs. to lose and most of the the time, life becomes so overwhelming. I have been pretty good with getting active that I go to the gym at least 3x a week... but then I end up eating a lot of fast food because there's no time to prepare healthier meals. Or I can eat healthier but end up getting stuck in the kitchen that I have no time to get active! :-/

This is the week I seek to find that elusive BALANCE. Thanks for starting this! :)

I am happy you are here! We can do this together!
  • cem614
    cem614 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    These are great challenges...nice and...challenging :P
  • BrandNewFabulousMe
    Options
    Day 3 of the week 1 challenges, how is everyone doing?
  • lhiett50
    lhiett50 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm doing good! I teach group fitness classes, so I have been a little sore while doing the challenge! But I have been keeping up with it! So glad that I joined :happy: