Healthy Breakfasts?

Options
What do you all normally have for brekkie? I normally have Natural Muesli Fruit and 5 Grains - Sanitarium. 3/4 of a cup, plus sometimes a piece of toast or english muffin. I have to admit though, I spend most of the day pretty hungry!

Replies

• spangey13
    Options
    Fresh n Fruity (in the big containers) do a yoghurt that is ridiculously low on calories, like 65 calories for 150g or something. So I usually have about 180g of yoghurt with 50g home made muesli.

I just raid all the bulk bins at pack n save with coconut, quinoa, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, rolled oats (the big ones), sesame seeds, drizzle a little bit of oil, cinnamon and maple syrup (optional), oven for about 10 minutes, then add in dried cranberries, dried apricots, sultanas, and whatever is left in the cupboard, eg the rest of the special K, or a few crushed up weetbix.
    It is a bit of a pain in the bum adding it all to the recipe creator thing, but at least on your receipt if you buy it all at once, the weight is printed on the receipt. And I just made a month's supply. Yum.

Oh and a coffee. That's part of my breakfast.
  • burtle
    Options
    ahh yes I forgot to mention the coffee!
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    What do you all normally have for brekkie? I normally have Natural Muesli Fruit and 5 Grains - Sanitarium. 3/4 of a cup, plus sometimes a piece of toast or english muffin. I have to admit though, I spend most of the day pretty hungry!

Hello - if you add some form of protein & (healthy) fat, an egg, peanut butter, nuts or some yogurt to your breakfasts you will feel less hungry.

At the moment my favourite breakfast is a green smoothie;

Banana or chocolate low carb protein shake mix
    1 cup water
    1 teaspoon peanut butter
    50-100 grams spinach or kale
    1 tsp cinnamon

I also like to have 125g greek yogurt with 25-50g almonds, cranberries & cashew nut mix on top.

Delicious, high protein and low in sugar.

As much as I used to love cereal and pastries for breakfast, they are not worth the starving hungry feeling I get within an hour of eating them!
  • burtle
    Options
    thanks for the great advice! will have to give that a shot.
  • Annie_R
    Annie_R Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My 'Summer Brekkie' consists of:
    fruit - one of or mix of Apples, Blueberries, Melon, Mango, Strawberries {carbs}
    yogurt - full fat, natural with less than 12-15% sugar content {protein}
    LSA - ground Linseeds, Sunflower & Almonds {fat}

This provides Fruit [Veges for other meals] Protein & Fat which I ensure is in every meal I have and covers all the essentials required for my body to function.
  • shrinking_me
    shrinking_me Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'm such a creature of habit . . . it's usually 2 weet-bix, trim milk, cinnamon and almonds and have recently started adding coconut oil (I like hot milk so coconut oil melts into it all - totally devine flavour too) . . or instead of weet-bix it's porridge.

Weekends I sometimes have eggs and chicken bacon with toast :)
  • kiwiwizard
    kiwiwizard Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm in week 3 of the national 8 week paleo challenge (U.S) so that means no grains, no dairy, no legumes. Today I had a paleo pancake (gluten and grain free) made with almond flour served with pure maple syrup, and coffee and almond milk. I've also been doing eggs for breakfast or fruit and a meat protein. This is my first time going paleo and although it is very labour intensive we are eating very high quality and nutritious foods. I also eat every 2-3 hours throughout the day.
  • NzBuilt
    NzBuilt Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Vogel toast with organic peanut butter,wholemeal oats fresh raspberries cyclops organic yoghurt 7 almonds prettymuch what i eat every morning.
  • forevertoday
    forevertoday Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal and 1/2 a tin of Watties fruits, like peaches or whatever fruit or egg/s on toast with pepper, bit of garlic salt, chives and spring onion from the garden :)