Symptoms ???

Options
RozayJones
RozayJones Posts: 409 Member
First let me be honest, I recently started taking my Synthroid in the morning as is recommended after taking it for almost 2 years.
I had a full thyroidectomy due to thyroid cancer in October of 2011 and have yet to feel "normal". During this time I was also told I was border line diabetic but I never really did much about that. My question is could my recent symptoms be from the change in taking my meds or something worse. I know I know I need to go to a doctor but right now I am in between offices as my doctor closed his practice and I am awaiting my records.
My symptoms - Fatigue all the time
constant headache
constant shakes
rapid heart rate
clammy hands
bloating
Anyone have any idea???

Replies

• toddka1
    toddka1 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Wow. I wouldn't even dream of hazarding a guess and would recommend you go to the doctor ASAP. I wouldn't think that if you still followed the rest of the directions (take on an empty stomach and not in combination with other vitamins that prohibit absorption) that the meds would work about the same, but you never know. I take mine fist thing in the am on an empty stomach.

I wouldn't mess with the symptons you are describing - get yourself checked out!
  • monchandler
    monchandler Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am hyprothyroid and have always taken my meds in the am, with none of the symptoms you mentioned having. I felt really tired prior to taking right dosage, but none of the others. I would get it checked out.
  • Sapphire1812
    Sapphire1812 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I would say go see a doctor as soon as possible too. It could be absolutely nothing... but my mum lost a very dear friend of hers the other day who had been feeling "funny" for a few days... so please don't take any chances and get yourself checked out.
  • Syriene
    Syriene Posts: 238
    Options
    The shaking and clammy hands can be related to blood sugar, but like the others said, best to find a new doc asap and get checked out.
  • RozayJones
    RozayJones Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your replies. I have called a couple of doctors this morning.
    I should have mentioned I take a rather high dose of Synthroid - 450 mg....I only took half this morning and feel a difference....

Thanks again I really appreciate it!
  • MeepleMuppet
    MeepleMuppet Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Yikes! Call your endo! I lost my thyroid to cancer a year ago but my dose of Synthroid is about 115. I had serious fatigue and discovered that I wasn't drinking enough water while taking my pill. Take it first thing in the morning with a FULL glass of water and don't eat anything for an hour. That will help energy levels... if your are on the right dosage. My endo asks me if I have your symptoms so I imagine they expect those symptoms in certain cases. Hopefully it's an easy fix. Good luck and keep us updated!