Introduce yourslef

Options
* haha, Yourself

Anyways,

My name is Star. I have been trying to lose weight for a few years now. Without the proper motivation and self discipline, I have not been very successful. I find that when i am actively communicating with others who are trying to improve their health and get in shape, I tend to do much better.

Welcome to the group! Feel free to use this post to introduce yourself and share any of your fitness, nutrition or health related goals. Thanks for joining, good luck and have fun!

Replies

• lhiett50
    lhiett50 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi Star,
    My name is Lana. I just want to maintain my weight really. I am just looking for a challenge and trying to keep it interesting! I am excited to begin the first challenge!
  • BrandNewFabulousMe
    Options
    Hi Star,
    My name is Lana. I just want to maintain my weight really. I am just looking for a challenge and trying to keep it interesting! I am excited to begin the first challenge!

Hello Lana! That's a great goal! I'll try to keep things spicy...let me know of any ideas you may have for future challenges!
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Hi

I am Sally (Aka Kwantlen2051), a 50+ year old mother. I was forever 115 lbs courtesy of yo yo dieting and keeping my calorie intake as low as 600-700 a day for about 5 years. As soon as I hit 50, my body rebelled and now I find it so hard to lose weight. I started going to the gym again and keeping my net-intake to aorund 1200 calories per day. Any advice and help you can provide is greatly appreciated so I can fix my metabolism. I need to lose 20-25 lbs. help please.
  • Rica5th
    Options
    Oh oops. I guess I sort of gave my story away in the CHALLENGE post. My name is YSL (pronounced like an easel) and I am a mom to a 23-month old, very active boy. I need to lose 75 lbs. I try to go to the gym at least 3x/week. I started doing a Couch-to-5K training on treadmill last week. This is week 2. I got a Heart Rate Monitor to have a better calorie-burn count than what's given by MFP or other apps.

I know the rules. I know what I need to do. I just need the push to get it done. This group may just be IT! (I hope!) :smile:

Oh and yeah, I need to find BALANCE --- between FOOD and EXERCISE! :grumble:
  • BrandNewFabulousMe
    Options
    I am not a professional when it comes to weight loss and nutrition. ..I can only offer my support and create some challenges to keep us motivated. I am here when you need me and I hope this group will be a great place we can all find that extra push or will power to not give up!
  • elliexxgeorge
    Options
    Hi All! :flowerforyou:

My name is Ellie :blushing:

I'm 35 married mum of 3 lovely boys.

My real weight gain started when my youngest son was born.
    He was only 14 days old when he caught whooping cough. He spent 3weeks in hospital in High Dependency Unit. He is a fighter and recovered quickly.
    When he was 10 months old he started having epileptic seizures. He would have a fit twice a month for at least 90 minutes. We would spent days in hospital every time it happened. Now I know those are febrile seizures because his little brain couldn't cope with high temperatures.

My comfort was my food and I ballooned to 211lbs (at 5'3")

Ben is 5 years old now and I think he is growing out of seizures.
    He is getting better so it's time for me to look after myself, too.

I've lost 26lbs so far and have another 55lbs to lose :sad:

Sorry for a long message and I'm done lol:blushing:
  • BrandNewFabulousMe
    Options
    Hi All! :flowerforyou:

My name is Ellie :blushing:

I'm 35 married mum of 3 lovely boys.

My real weight gain started when my youngest son was born.
    He was only 14 days old when he caught whooping cough. He spent 3weeks in hospital in High Dependency Unit. He is a fighter and recovered quickly.
    When he was 10 months old he started having epileptic seizures. He would have a fit twice a month for at least 90 minutes. We would spent days in hospital every time it happened. Now I know those are febrile seizures because his little brain couldn't cope with high temperatures.

My comfort was my food and I ballooned to 211lbs (at 5'3")

Ben is 5 years old now and I think he is growing out of seizures.
    He is getting better so it's time for me to look after myself, too.

I've lost 26lbs so far and have another 55lbs to lose :sad:

Sorry for a long message and I'm done lol:blushing:

You deal with a LOT! under a lot of stress I would find myself turning to the wrong foods. Congrats on what you have lost so far you really should be proud
  • Darasmom
    Options
    Hi everyone. My name is Kathleen. I am mom to a 12 year old girl, wife, high school teacher, and I have ALWAYS been on a diet since I was 19 (except when I was pregnant) because I gained the freshman 25 in high school bit it never bothered me til college. I have always struggled with my weight since college because I love food, not an athlete any more, and eat to avoid things I don't want to do. I have been up and down with my weight since my daughter was born. My goal this time is to lose the last of this weight and keep it off. My hopes are that with a support group I can achieve that goal. My family is supportive but I apparently need more which I am good with. Thanks for welcoming to the group and I look forward to all that it has to offer.
  • pdxgenesis
    pdxgenesis Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Jenn - 32 years old and I have been battling my weight most of my life. I really packed on the weight during my 20's with partying and very unhealthy habits. In 2008 I lost around 70 lbs by going Vegetarian and running. I have yo-yo'd since then and I have pretty much tried every diet plan there is out there. Right now I am using my Fitbit Flex and my fitness pal to monitor my caloric intake and my exercise. I signed up for my first half-marathon for next May. Today I am 194 and my goal is 170. I have been trying to get here for over 10 years, I am at the lowest that I have been since my early 20's so I am very proud of my success. I just want to kick this last 24 lbs!!

i love to read, run, volunteer, sing, be with friends and family and be productive on this earth. Looking forward to swaping stories with everyone here.
  • cem614
    cem614 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, my name is Claire and I am 23. I am a student and full time mom. I've lost almost 70lb since being at my highest weight, but I keep shuffling around the same 10lb. I want to stay consistent and progress on the road towards my goals. I am a full time student and stay at home mom of a 2 year old. Always looking for motivated people who I can motivate during hard times and can do the same for me.
  • Kev_Red
    Kev_Red Posts: 19
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm Kevin, just having a new born baby boy after a 16year gap in children I realised my belt holes went up a few gaps also.
    Back training Brazilian Jiu Jitsu & running most afternoons. Just joined gym at hotel by the office...so no excuses!?

Good luck to everyone & stay focused on your goals.
  • Kev_Red
    Kev_Red Posts: 19
    Options
    Hi Claire,

That's an amazing achievement, well done you. Doing this plus being a full time mom & student!! Awesome...
    You're your own motivation I think from what you have done already. :)
  • BrandNewFabulousMe
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm Kevin, just having a new born baby boy after a 16year gap in children I realised my belt holes went up a few gaps also.
    Back training Brazilian Jiu Jitsu & running most afternoons. Just joined gym at hotel by the office...so no excuses!?

Good luck to everyone & stay focused on your goals.

wow!!!! Congrats on the little one! Sooooo exciting!
  • cem614
    cem614 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi Claire,

That's an amazing achievement, well done you. Doing this plus being a full time mom & student!! Awesome...
    You're your own motivation I think from what you have done already. :)

Thanks Kevin! Congrats on the new boy also!
  • lhiett50
    Options
    Will do!
  • lhiett50
    Options
    Hi! I am not a nutritionist, but I am a fitness instructor and a personal trainer. Also, I'm a food fanatic! My only advice to give is to keep eating! Take in as many vegetables and fruits every day, and try to go for beans on your salads to add in some protein. I am a vegetarian, and I eat a ton! When I changed my eating habits, my body instantly changed. I know vegetarianism isn't for everyone, but I believe that by having at least half of your week vegetarian, you can change your body tremendously. Hopefully this helps!
  • BrandNewFabulousMe
    Options
    What kinds of things do you eat to increase your protein? since you are a vegetarian? Do you stay full eating more fruits and veggies? carbs are my hardest downfall
  • lhiett50
    Options
    I keep telling everyone to not be so scared of carbs! Hahaha well as long as you're maintaining a good work out plan. Yes, I stay full all day every day! I snack on veggies and fruits all day. For example, today, I ate: Post brand grape-nuts cereal with light plain soy milk and a banana for breakfast (at 8 am). I had an apple for a snack at 12:30 pm, and I just ate some Sabra brand hummus with a few pita chips and 2 large carrots (2 pm). I'm about to go for a run my 3 miles for the day :wink: and then think about what to eat for dinner... It may not sound like much, but once you start eating fruit and veggies for snack instead of like chips or bread, it gets easier!
    Other protein: beans, peanut butter, cereal, nuts, milk, shakes, tofurky, etc.
  • BrandNewFabulousMe
    Options
    That's really inspiring actually! I think by changing the way I eat would really help and change a lot of things.