Agents of S.H.E.I.D.

Options
vendygirl
vendygirl Posts: 718 Member
Thoughts comments? What did you all think. Last night was the FIRST time in I have NO IDEA how long (besides football and we even tape that) my husband voluntarily watched LIVE TV.

I thought it was a good pilot. Will be interested to see where it goes.

Replies

• vendygirl
    Options
    Oh for the love of science Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
  • KinzieElise
    KinzieElise Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I liked it a lot. I really wasn't fond of Agent Ward in the first bit but by the end he was growing on me. I also loved Fitzsimmons. The brief appearance of Shepard Book was amazing! I now have another tv show to look forward to every week besides just Supernatural.
  • imzadi481
    imzadi481 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I really enjoyed it, I'll definitely be watching again next week!
  • l0velife1
    l0velife1 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I want to like this show so badly but the acting needs to be a bit better. I'll continue to watch it since pilots are usually a bit corny but this Skye character annoys me sooooo badly. Between this chicks acting and the character she portrays- both could be a lot better. I'll obviously keep watching because Coulson, duh.
  • Amwhite1986
    Amwhite1986 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm on the fence but will keep watching because I hear it will have tie ins to the upcoming movies.
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Also on the fence although I'm glad it isn't taking itself so seriously. I was a big Heroes fan so this is interesting contrast.
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Airs over here tonight - quite looking forwards to it and going into it open minded/not expecting much
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I think the fact they can't say "mutants" or reference the X-men and Spider-Man will end up hurting the show in the long run. It has potential.
  • mruntidy
    Options
    I think the fact they can't say "mutants" or reference the X-men and Spider-Man will end up hurting the show in the long run. It has potential.

That's interesting, I didn't know that
  • asimmons221
    asimmons221 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I watched it the other night. I'll watch it, still on the fence like others though.
  • mruntidy
    Options
    I watched the first episode and thought it was pretty good - im thinking coulson must be a clone so far. Hopefully Cobie Smulders wont grate on me as much as she did in the films
  • imzadi481
    imzadi481 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I watched the first episode and thought it was pretty good - im thinking coulson must be a clone so far. Hopefully Cobie Smulders wont grate on me as much as she did in the films

Clone is my guess ATM too
  • vendygirl
    Options
    Well she is still in contract with HIMYM so maybe she will only make guest appearances and not be on as much. Doing 2 shows, even on the same lot, is rough.
  • phoenixoncemore
    phoenixoncemore Posts: 202 Member
    Options

Aww what?? I was mainly watching because I heard this was supposed to tie everything together before DOFP pulls some timey wimey shenanigans on all our *kitten*. And I thought the time travel element may have been what saved/brought back Coulson. Guess not.
  • mruntidy
    Options

Aww what?? I was mainly watching because I heard this was supposed to tie everything together before DOFP pulls some timey wimey shenanigans on all our *kitten*. And I thought the time travel element may have been what saved/brought back Coulson. Guess not.

Its still backed by Marvel though and Stan Lee is an executive 'i have just the part for you in my trailer' producer.
    Ive been amazed by the people local to me that I spoke to that expected Iron Man to be making appearances and the Avengers to drop in for tea and biscuits
  • Qski
    Qski Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I will pretty much take the corny now and hope its around for a while. With whedon it will probably feel corny at first then it will turn into gold you quote long after the show is gone...

Shiny?
    In other words liked it ready to love it
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I liked it a lot. Looking forward to tonight's episode.
  • LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Yeah, Joss and those involved actually have a database of names/characters/words they can and can't use. Mutants is one of them but that actually is part of the deal with Marvel movies as well. Fox owns the rights to that.

I think it's starting to find its footing. It's still a new show, no matter who's behind it.
  • busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    a+ so far two episodes in.

and it's s.h.i.e.l.d.

ftfy.
  • MeepleMuppet
    MeepleMuppet Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    It was good to see Gunn again. I'm actually not liking it, but I just know that once we get away from the monster of the week deal and a little deeper into the mythology, I'll be entirely on board. Same thing happened to me with Angel and Dollhouse.