Psych Evaluation Failed :(

Options
Leech78
Leech78 Posts: 3 Member
I have my Evaluation and I failed the doctor told me my test came back that im "Too Good To Be True"
I dont know how that is when its a true n false and I answered honest.. I have another one tomorrow
im so scared anyone have any tips or suggestions? Please help me...
Oh Yeah Im am New here as well fist post :)
Thank you
Dawn

Replies

• Agate69
    Agate69 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Answer honestly. Most people try to guess what correct answe should be. Ask the person who administered test to go through results and some of the questions that. Caused you difficulty. You have the right to understand your results
  • Leech78
    Leech78 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I asked he seemed like he was to busy to help me understand what I did wrong on the other one.
    Soo If this one turns out bad I think I will be going to a different person next time.
  • annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I wasn't aware that the psych was a pass or fail thing. Wow. The purpose of mine was only to make sure that I understand the changes that would need to be made with the surgery. And that I didn't have any serious underlying eating disorders. Mine wasn't a questionnaire, but a session with a psychologist. No paperwork. Just talking about my life and everything. Really never heard of a psych done the way yours was. Hope it all works out for you.
  • katbirdinpa
    Options
    I also only met with a psych a few times until he pronounced me prepared. No tests for me. I remember them ( the team) constantly going over the changes in my eating ie. dont drink with your meals, no sugar etc...
    That's about all and that was in 2001
  • rondabug
    Options
    I had to fill out a questionnaire. I did notice that some questions were more or less the same, just worded a little differently. I think it's okay to be vulnerable. After all, if life were wonderful, we would'nt be pursuing WLS, would we? I have also heard that 'they' are probing to determine if there are or have ever been addiction issues (other than food) that may re-emerge when food is no longer an option as a coping mechanism.. This is just my experience with the psych eval. I'm sure there are as many experiences as there are people! Good luck.
  • JfMarrs
    JfMarrs Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I flunked my 1st test as well being too good to be true the doctor said it was because I was anticipating what the proper answers were to make me normal. I had thoughts that perhaps the doctor had people take the tests twice .so he could bill the insurance company again, since the second time I took the tests there was another person there taking the tests over again with me in the room but then I thought that perhaps it wasn't a conspiracy after all and I didn't need to seek council. :)
  • stroynaya
    stroynaya Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I had to answer several questionnaires before my session with the psych. Not all about weight/eating. Some was to see how overall healthy psychologically you were. So they could assess how you would deal with the changes after--not just eating disorders, but depression, anxiety, stress management, and things like that. Then the doctor reviewed the questions & answers in the session, going over possible areas of concern. If your doc is making decisions based only on a questionnaire, I would find a new one.
  • Agate69
    Agate69 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Some docs use strict testing standards to keep up their reputation and success ratio. After all is said and done, even after surgery, the success rate is only 59% loosing and keeping off weight for 3 or more years.
  • amarkle86
    amarkle86 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Mine came back too good to be true also, so he made me go see a therapist for a month. Why is it so hard to believe that someone can actually be that happy in their lives that their test comes back very positive? I answerd all questions honestly, but thanks for calling me a liar lol!! Therapist was a complete waste of my time, I'm convinced it was just a way for them to get more money out of me. But whatever, I did it with a smile and got through it.
  • Tristaan
    Tristaan Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of such a thing. Mine was pretty much a conversation to make sure I was competent enough to understand the surgery and dietary instructions. We talked about my plans for the future, my support system, etc. It was actually one of the more pleasant pre-tests, lol. Hopefully you can request a second opinion on your review, maybe even with a different psych.
  • SummerMM1
    SummerMM1 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I talked to a pysch could have been a questioner but mine was based off our conversation. I had anxiety so I had to go talk to a counselor and for him to release me. Didn't take very long and it was nice to talk through some things. I wish you the best of luck and hang in there I know you will pass :smile:
  • leuhhrae
    leuhhrae Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Took me over a year to pass my psych portion of approval. Granted, mine was for the complete opposite reason. Point is, keep trying. Be honest with yourself and everyone involved. You will get the green light to go as long as you put in the effort.