How did you began?

Options
cheshirequeen
cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
I was wondering how you begin a raw foodist diet? I am trying to go much healthier by eating more veggies and fruits, but what else do you think I should eat?

Replies

• cadaverousbones
    cadaverousbones Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Well here is a quote straight out of wiki about what a raw diet is:

"Raw foodism (or rawism) is a diet consisting of uncooked, unprocessed, and often organic foods or wild foods.
    Depending on the type of lifestyle and results desired, raw food diets may include a selection of raw fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds (including sprouted whole grains such as gaba rice), eggs, fish (such as sashimi), meat (such as carpaccio), and non-pasteurized/non-homogenized dairy products (such as raw milk, raw milk cheese, and raw milk yogurt)."

So I would eat those things! LOL. Google is your friend. You can probably find food blogs and recipes online if you just google search raw food diet/recipes
  • RawOogle
    Options
    I started out juicing and after that eating raw was the only option! I love it!! When I first started it was fruits and veggies I could eat easily like bananas, Apples, nuts... Best wishes on your journey!! :)
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I needed to go gluten free and decided to go cold turkey the day I found out. But because I didn't even know what gluten was and I was pretty hungry that day, I just stocked up on everything that interested me in the produce department. Not knowing how to cook half the stuff I bought, I just ate it raw! :laugh: Within days I felt soooo much better and after a week when it came time to get groceries again, I just stuck to it. I didn't realize how bad gluten was making me feel, but now that I know, I don't want to go back to feeling that way by eating anything processed or pre-packaged. I can't account for what's in it, and I can't pronounce half the ingredients. Raw is just simpler.
  • ThebabyYak
    ThebabyYak Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I felt better eating things that dn't bleed just my taste im not a drug user or "smoker or drinker so :-) I have great taste bugs an I hate eating anything with a face/meat it all started from every time I eat meat/face i'd start getting real bad headaches just from eating meat/face last face/meat I ate was few weeks ago and im not turning back :-) proud vegan 50431383.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Chelsarrr
    Chelsarrr Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm not a raw foodist, but I am interested in the diet because I love fruits and veggies and I think the recipes are very creative and healthy. I also think the best desserts in the world are raw...and I've had a lot of desserts. ;)

I'm basically here because the food is good.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I am just jumping in head first lol I am already vegan not too big a transition for me really 80-10-10 is a great book to check out. youtube is fantastic as well fullyrawkristina, freelee the banana girl, ect