Success, Advice & Motivation!!

Options
2»

Replies

• TheWipingYears
    TheWipingYears Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This is my Pinterest board that has all the motivation and tips I love: http://www.pinterest.com/thewipingyears/you-run-like-a-girl/

(And I wish there was a LIKE button for these posts! Love them all!)

I got a Fitbit Flex that I'm using now. It's good to keep track of my movement during the day.

For me, I had to make working out as much of a part of my life as brushing my teeth. I wouldn't skip that so why would I skip working out?! It isn't easy because I have two little ones and I leave them in the gym nursery or they are at their "mom's day out" program" while I work out and I feel guilty.

But, a conversation with my son (the 4 yr old) cleared things up. I told him that I felt bad sometime when I didn't see him when I was at the gym. He said, "Don't worry mom! I like your muscles!"

I also read something that I now say to my boys when I go run or work out: It's not mama working out, it's mama being AWESOME!
  • jesicaxnn
    jesicaxnn Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

So I'm having a problem with my calories -- and it's not the problem I thought that I would be having. I am not able to actually reach my calorie goal each day! I am aiming for 1200 a day, but I'm lucky if I reach 900 before subtracting calories burned by exercise.

I'm not doing this on purpose at all. I eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and even snack in between. Usually I eat a yogurt or a bowl of cheerios for breakfast, either a salad with grilled chicken or a turkey sandwich on whole wheat bread for lunch, and a normal dinner, snacking on either pretzels or nuts in between.

Is there any way that I can increase my calories without having to eat a lot more? With what I eat now I'm not usually hungry in between and have no urge to eat anymore.

Any advice would help!
  • cem614
    cem614 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

So I'm having a problem with my calories -- and it's not the problem I thought that I would be having. I am not able to actually reach my calorie goal each day! I am aiming for 1200 a day, but I'm lucky if I reach 900 before subtracting calories burned by exercise.

I'm not doing this on purpose at all. I eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and even snack in between. Usually I eat a yogurt or a bowl of cheerios for breakfast, either a salad with grilled chicken or a turkey sandwich on whole wheat bread for lunch, and a normal dinner, snacking on either pretzels or nuts in between.

Is there any way that I can increase my calories without having to eat a lot more? With what I eat now I'm not usually hungry in between and have no urge to eat anymore.

Any advice would help!

Hey jesicaxnn,

Try and eat replacing something with more calorie dense foods. If you need to, add a piece of cheese or some peanut butter. Maybe try some lean beef instead of the chicken breast. That way you can pretty much eat the same amounts of food, but they will contain more calories.
  • skill133
    Options
    Good suggestion...maybe add a snack in morning or afternoon of a protein bar or shake..
  • hellohappycarla
    hellohappycarla Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, here's another thread that I find very helpful --> http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1108960-11-reasons-you-re-failing-to-lose-fat
    Check it out if you haven't yet =)
  • Jannah1208
    Options
    WEIGHT+LOSS+HUMOUR+HOW+MANY+CALORIES+DID+I+EAT+ASKS+DOG+TO+CAT.png
  • jbuc07
    jbuc07 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    WEIGHT+LOSS+HUMOUR+HOW+MANY+CALORIES+DID+I+EAT+ASKS+DOG+TO+CAT.png

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    That was good! Thank you!!