Week 1 - 01 Oct'13

Options
fitin3m
fitin3m Posts: 44 Member
Let's share our experience of our first week run in this thread.

Replies

• fitin3m
    Options
    Week 1 - day 1 : Finally I pulled myself out of house this morning to start with C25K. Took a small bottle of water and used C25k lite app in my phone to track the timings. At the first intance, I was wondering if I would be able to complete 10 minutes of this workout. However the music in my phone kept me going with the challenge. Felt sòòooo good hearing the last beep sound to end the workout after 20 minutes.

Looks like we can make it this week if the good weather continues to stay up for outdoor running. I should also think about getting a treadmill soon to cope up with running during winter time.
  • thistimesucess
    thistimesucess Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Week 1 day 1 - I made it but am so ashamed of how I let myself go over the last 3 months. Hopefully this will get me motivated and back on track. The hills around my place are a killer! Btw not sure when I can go again this week - working late the next two nights then travelling fri - sun. But definately back into it on Monday.
  • angelamangus1
    angelamangus1 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Survived day 1! :noway:

It was tough, I went on a trail I was not familiar with and had to run over some small hills (thought I was lost for a second too), but that did not stop me!! I will see you Thursday you hilly trail. By the end of this I will conquer that trail!! :bigsmile:

Came home finished my P90 circuit and now I am about to paint my sons shelf!! Feeling GOOD from the endorphins!

How is everybody else doing??
  • KarateMadMum
    Options
    Day 1 completed :)

Man those 15 seconds can go on for ages when its the 9th and 10th rep! Was really self conscious but didnt let the stares put me off.. I need to be better equipped next time tho.. I just grabbed a hoody and went.. was way too hot and didnt think to take a drink with me... bad plan!

Ah well we learn as we go
  • JFH2001
    Options
    Actually this is day 2 for me- I started yesterday. I actually did it twice because the trail had me an hour away from home. ???? I am happy this group exists- I am NOT alone!

Happy Running!
  • Nae020004
    Nae020004 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Day 1 - I almost talked myself out of going today (too busy doing work, too much housework to do, etc.) but I did it! Being part of this group is already helping me stay motivated. Music definitely helped. I used a slight incline on the treadmill. The treadmill helps me pace myself. I'm having a hard time keeping my pace outside. Any suggestions?
  • mellawella77
    mellawella77 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Not bad for the first day. Just a little winded at the end of my 60 sec jog. I am doing the treadmill version. I'm sure as days progress the workouts will get harder. Keep it up everyone. Good job!
  • madaughe
    madaughe Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Day 1 and Day 2 down!

I did day 1 yesterday and did not bring enough water. I did day 2 before work this morning and it was actually a lot easier than day 2. It seemed to go by faster and the extra water helped.
  • fitin3m
    Options
    Week 1 day 2 : Managed to get out and done with today's workout. It was not that bad compared to yesterday's session.

Weather is getting pretty bad with heavy rain expected for next 2 days. I hope to get some short span of time dry enough to keep up with the workout for next 2 days.
  • klund13
    klund13 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I started on Monday, so today was day 2 for me (running on mon, weds, fri). It is very humid today but I managed to get through it. One step at a time!
  • bossdj_5446
    Options
    Hey everyone.. just finished day 1 today. I am using a treadmill so it does not track my distance on my phone, however the treadmill has calories and distance. It worked out to be about 250 calories burned and 1.5 (I believe the treadmill is in miles, and I don't know how accurate the calories would be).

What kind of distance is everyone logging? I know it will vary depending on your speed of walking/jogging, I am just curious. Also, any recommendations for a heart rate monitor to accurately monitor calories and heart rate? I want to stick with this plan to shape up and do it right!

Looking forward to this journey with everyone!
  • fitin3m
    Options
    I run outside and my calculation on first day was coverage of 1.6 miles in 20 minutes when I checked in Google maps. On second day, my heart rate calculated the calories to be 152 calories for almost the same distance. I guess you should be fine with the treadmill as my understanding is that the amount of calories burnt varies from person to person.
  • thistimesucess
    Options
    . Also, any recommendations for a heart rate monitor to accurately monitor calories and heart rate?

I use the polar ft4 - I really like it. It's easy and simple to use.
  • madaughe
    Options
    I've heard lots of good things on the forum about the polar ft4
  • JFH2001
    Options
    Hey everyone.. just finished day 1 today. I am using a treadmill so it does not track my distance on my phone, however the treadmill has calories and distance. It worked out to be about 250 calories burned and 1.5 (I believe the treadmill is in miles, and I don't know how accurate the calories would be).

What kind of distance is everyone logging? I know it will vary depending on your speed of walking/jogging, I am just curious. Also, any recommendations for a heart rate monitor to accurately monitor calories and heart rate? I want to stick with this plan to shape up and do it right!

Looking forward to this journey with everyone!

Try the runkeeper app- it will time you- and map your route. So every 5 minutes it will give you the distance and speed! Let me know how it works for you!
  • madaughe
    Options
    I have officially survived week one of C25K! Day 3 was a million times easier than day 1 and I am really looking forward to week 2!
  • klund13
    klund13 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I finished week 1 today. While day 3 was easier than day 1, I honestly feel like I need to repeat this week before moving on. Anyone else feel this way?
  • faithfirst
    faithfirst Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I have officially survived week one of C25K! Day 3 was a million times easier than day 1 and I am really looking forward to week 2!

Thanks for the invite! I will be starting tomorrow and excited to have some support!
  • fitin3m
    Options
    Week 1 day 3 : Safely completed today's workout in pleasant weather. Bring on the challenging week 2 sessions next week :flowerforyou:
  • thistimesucess
    Options
    Right - back into it. Today wasn't so bad. Looking forward to moving on to week 2 in a few days.